Good deal on airfills

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Good deal on airfills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I just got a anual air card at SPD for $140 which includes Nitrox fills for 1/2 price. So free air and Nitrox for $6 for a year. Just thought that's a pretty good deal and that I'd pass that along for you North enders.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Good deal on airfills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:I just got a anual air card at SPD for $140 which includes Nitrox fills for 1/2 price. So free air and Nitrox for $6 for a year. Just thought that's a pretty good deal and that I'd pass that along for you North enders.
SPD?

The Seattle Police Department sells air?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Sorry Smokey Point Diving

Grateful Diver wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:I just got a anual air card at SPD for $140 which includes Nitrox fills for 1/2 price. So free air and Nitrox for $6 for a year. Just thought that's a pretty good deal and that I'd pass that along for you North enders.
SPD?

The Seattle Police Department sells air?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

How much is nitrox up there? If it wasn't an hour plus during rush hour that might actually beat my costs at home.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

CaptnJack wrote:How much is nitrox up there? If it wasn't an hour plus during rush hour that might actually beat my costs at home.

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... air#p63012
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Burntchef wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:How much is nitrox up there? If it wasn't an hour plus during rush hour that might actually beat my costs at home.

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... air#p63012
Wow what a deal! #-o

Ok nevermind
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I certified (OW, AOW, Nitrox) at the Smokey Point Dive shop. I have filled quite a few tanks there, and aside from pretty slow fills (they don't do hot fills) I haven't ever had any complaint. They are very particular about their fills, and are one of very few shops in the north end that have an O2 clean fill station you can use for just regular air fills on your nitrox tanks. Obviously YMMV, but I trust them.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

trevorrowe wrote:I certified (OW, AOW, Nitrox) at the Smokey Point Dive shop. I have filled quite a few tanks there, and aside from pretty slow fills (they don't do hot fills) I haven't ever had any complaint. They are very particular about their fills, and are one of very few shops in the north end that have an O2 clean fill station you can use for just regular air fills on your nitrox tanks. Obviously YMMV, but I trust them.
That has been my experience as well
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

not trying to totally slam that shop but i was on that dive and smelled the gas in question, it was bad, cost paul a missed day of work and a bill for a dr visit. they may of had a issue that was fixed but my point is when a employee states she does not like the taste of helium red flags rise for me, then when the whole deal is disregarded is even scarier. i truly hope after paul left they did a system check for there own peace of mind.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Hmmm, I too have never had a problem with their fills. and the prices are fair.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
rjw
Aquanaut

Post by rjw »

Burntchef wrote:not trying to totally slam that shop but i was on that dive and smelled the gas in question, it was bad, cost paul a missed day of work and a bill for a dr visit. they may of had a issue that was fixed but my point is when a employee states she does not like the taste of helium red flags rise for me, then when the whole deal is disregarded is even scarier. i truly hope after paul left they did a system check for there own peace of mind.
FWIW I wouldn't get gas from them if it was free. Thanks but no thanks.
No amount of Helium can make a dumbass smart. - Chatterton
FOTTF
Life's been good to me so far