WATER TAXI SERVICE?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

WATER TAXI SERVICE?

Post by Burntchef »

did 2 dives at eup today with pez. both were great and we saw some of the biggest ling ever. so as we were swimming out on the second dive and feeling the burn i came up with a great, stupid, perfect, idea, A WATER TAXI SERVICE couldnt you imagine a few divers with some gavin dpvs towing you out to the edge of the park for a small fee. i could and it sounds great. at the end of your dive you float a signal tube with there logo, they come and snatch you up and before you know it your back on the beach. i know i would pay a good $10 to $15 per trip .

so what do you all think? brilliant? stupid? one big fat dream?
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Well, because I was there with you Howard, I can respond to this. GREAT IDEA!! So comon everyone, many people won't dive the park becuase of the surface swim. Could we make enough to support our Habit? :partyman:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

scooters are technically not allowed at EUP
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

i wrote that thread as a joke, i dont really expect anyone to sit there and wait for some divers to show up for a tow.

or was i ???
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

I watched someone with a DPV try to 'tow' another diver, it was the most humorous thing I had seen in a while... One person ran the DPV the other held onto his feet.... Oh memories.... :toimonster:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Cera wrote:I watched someone with a DPV try to 'tow' another diver, it was the most humorous thing I had seen in a while... One person ran the DPV the other held onto his feet.... Oh memories.... :toimonster:
you don't grab the feet, you grab the crotch strap...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I knew it was a joke, but as you can see, it does happen!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

lamont wrote:
Cera wrote:I watched someone with a DPV try to 'tow' another diver, it was the most humorous thing I had seen in a while... One person ran the DPV the other held onto his feet.... Oh memories.... :toimonster:
you don't grab the feet, you grab the crotch strap...
hmm ... that sounds even more humorous! Image
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets