Redondo and the Great Sculpin Whisperer

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
bnboly
Submariner

Redondo and the Great Sculpin Whisperer

Post by bnboly »

Met up with Tom Nic for a nice 55min dive this Monday at Redondo. Little did I know that I was in the presence of the one and only Great Pacific Northwest Sculpin Whisperer!! :hello2: Once he spotted his prey the game was on!!!
Holding my breath (yes I know it's wrong but I couldn't help myself!) I watched as he moved closer and closer to the great beast many of us have come to fear! :eek:
I faintly heard the Whisperer beginning his sensless ramblings and mutterings thus completely confusing the poor beast sensless! :binkybaby:
Soon the game was over and the sculpin was his! :sleep:

The rest of the dive was pretty uneventful after witnessing such a spectacle. Below are a few more pics from the dive - viz was 20-25' - all in all a pretty good dive!

It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo and the Great Sculpin Whisperer

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow... I'm almost speechless... Welcome back to posting after a long absence Bill!

I suppose I was bored and cold so that was my excuse to see if I could scritch a Scaleyhead Sculpin on his chinny chin chin. It was fun, no sculpins were harmed in the process, and it was cool to see if I could to it!

:fish:

Oh, by the way, that's a GREAT Sculpin Whisperer, not a whisperer of Great Sculpins. They are a bit too big for me - maybe I'll work my way up to one of them after I've tried whispering a Buffalo Sculpin! :smt051
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

All Hail Tom Nic, Great Sculpin Whisperer! :notworthy:
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

I'd like to see you work your way up to the greatest sculpin of them all - the Cabezon. And to challenge your whispering techniques, let's say that Cabbie is on eggs too.

- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

nwscubamom wrote:I'd like to see you work your way up to the greatest sculpin of them all - the Cabezon. And to challenge your whispering techniques, let's say that Cabbie is on eggs too.

- Janna
:neener:

I think that I would then turn into the "Sculpin Screamer". As in screaming like a girl as I run from the monster's attacks. :calvin:

:angelblue:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

nwscubamom wrote:I'd like to see you work your way up to the greatest sculpin of them all - the Cabezon. And to challenge your whispering techniques, let's say that Cabbie is on eggs too.

- Janna
I'm sure that would cure him of touching the wildlife for good. He'd probably be a couple fingers short after that.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option