Tolmie Thursday March 11th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Winter
Dive-aholic

Re: Tolmie Thursday March 11th

Post by Winter »

Be there more like 930.
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

mz53480 wrote:Almost forgot, here's a rough map of the site. Hope it helps:
tolmie map2.JPG
:roll: that's pretty accurate!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Hey J,
Did you get any good pics?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

3 different pink tritonias, a small ling under a part of the barge, a cockel, some scallops, Kelp and dungie crabs, an unidentified crab, some pics of dirona nudies and some dorids. Proof of octos, shrimp and rock fish as well as egg casings I found in the mud. I'll send em out to Daniel at the nrnc. The data collecting has begun! Can't post pics on this site with my iPhone tho, that's what fb is fo. Hopefully I can find the other barges next go.
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Winter wrote:3 different pink tritonias, a small ling under a part of the barge, a cockel, some scallops, Kelp and dungie crabs, an unidentified crab, some pics of dirona nudies and some dorids. Proof of octos, shrimp and rock fish as well as egg casings I found in the mud.
:supz:
Winter wrote:Can't post pics on this site with my iPhone tho.
:tappingfoot:

Winter wrote:Hopefully I can find the other barges next go.
you're gonna do that swim again?!! :eek:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

winter, you forgot how long a swim it is already?
I'm sure its going to be 3-4 months before I forget and agree to do it again.
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Yeah, I did the swim, now where's my t-shirt? :tappingfoot:

I guess I'll have to make one up. Anyone got a good idea for a Tolmie, shore dive t-shirt?

Something like: "Hey, where are you guys diving? :lurk: Can I join you?" :evil4: :wedgie:

I'm glad I did it, but that's about as far as I'm willing to admit.

"Ya know, Life is like a bunch of Chocolates... :shootself: "
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

An hour of driving and traffic or the 30 minute surface swim? Sorry boys, I dug it.
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

Granted Tolmie is close for those of us who are in the greater Olympia,Tumwater,Lacey area.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I had a most EXCELENT time! The swim was WAYYYYYYY easyier than I remembered and the dive had FAR more than I remembered also... I had a dive ... We only made it to one of the barges but had a wonderful time on it and playing around the tires was very cool... and now that I have my Pee valve installed I won't have to swim freakishly fast for that 30 minute swim in

It was great to have met Mongo (Im gonna call him Grizzly Adams though! ) and Bassman... though I do feel sorta jipped cuz MZ didn't bring me T A C O' S...... make sure ya bring your tanks in empty next time Mike... I got a surprise for ya! :)

Thanks to all for being there, and a BIG thanks to Winter for unzipping my suit JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME!!!! :)
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

Grizzly Adams, been getting a lot of that lately.
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Once upon a time, long, long ago I did that surface swim 3 times in one day....... :rawlings:
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

bnboly wrote:Once upon a time, long, long ago I did that surface swim 3 times in one day....... :rawlings:
Uphill both ways in the snow!!!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.