Stray cat and kittens desperately need homes!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Stray cat and kittens desperately need homes!

Post by Jenbowes »

Hello all! So, about a week ago, I found a Mama cat and her kittens under my house. Because I'm a sucker ... I MEAN, a kind-hearted person, I lured them inside and have begun the domesticating process. Tragically, I haven't found a shelter that has room for them all right now. Mama and kittens are all litter box trained. Mama was clearly a domestic cat, because she's SUPER loving and comes when called - she's not chipped however, and I'm pretty sure someone dumped her off in the forest for her demise. I think she'd be best in a one cat household, though, because she's also super possessive. She hasn't been fighting with my cats, but she also "protects" me from them, and gets between us.

In addition to Mama, there are three male kitties and two female kitties and I'm guessing they're about 10 weeks old. But, I'm not sure, because I'm not a Catologist.

Remember, these are wild cats, and although they'll let me hold them, and one of them will even purr when I pet her, they will need someone with patience and time to help them acclimate to a home. Which they desperately need!

If you have any interest in a kitty or the Mama, PM me. HELP SAVE A KITTEN! HELP RIGHT A WRONG! HELP SAVE THE WORLD! (well, that last one may not actually occur by adopting a kitten/cat, but it's a good start)
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Re: Stray cat and kittens desperately need homes!

Post by Jenbowes »

I forgot pictures for you all

This one was named after a typo from my niece, who meant to call her "Fluffy" but instead called her "Fluffer." Some of you may find that funny.

I call this one Baby Girl. She's the most docile of the brood.

There are two black kitties that are identical males. This is one of them on the left. These are the kitties that will need the most patient home, because they are SUPER scared. I call them Skit and Skitter, but I can't tell them apart. Might as well call them cat and cat.

I call this one Go Go Spats. He's a totally feisty tuxedo kitten with white paws.

This is the whole brood, and shows Mama. Go Go Spats and his white hourglass belly is on the left. Baby Girl is next to Mama. Fluffer is eating. The two black ones are in the back (the other tuxedo kitty in the back already has found a home)

I've tried to make this album public on facebook, too, but I am not savvy in the ways of anything computer. These are the same pics, same descriptions, just bigger. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0133756395
Last edited by Jenbowes on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsDiverBob
Avid Diver

Post by MrsDiverBob »

Hey Jen!

Thanks for taking in the kitties! I can't believe people just "dump" animals like that!! Although I can't take any, here is a link to a foundation that I've worked with in the past. I don't know if they can help, but it's definitely worth asking them about it! Good luck!!

http://www.kindredsoulsfoundation.org/
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

wow, those poor kitties! mama cat must have been scared to death to be dumped like that! i Never understand how people can do such things to any animal who shares our life. my best wishes for happy forever homes to all of them. if only i weren't allergic to cats...
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Thanks Blaiz - yeah, it beats me, too. Esp since this cat is sweet as pie! So loving and snuggly! But people often baffle me.

Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Update!

One of the black kitties has found a home! :taco:

And there are some name revisions - the remaining black kitty is now being referred to as Velcro, because he's clingy.

Go Go Spatz is now Spitz. Such a hisser when you first go to pick him up, but he's not a biter! He likes to sit on your shoulder. AND, he's doing pretty well with new peeps, too. I brought them into my office so they can get more and different human time and so far, they're all doing really well.

Four still need homes! They need YOU! And really, I ALSO need YOU! Or maybe someone you know! Someone they know?

Do you have any idea how SMALL MY HOUSE IS?!

Help kitties! Help a fellow diver! :joshsmith:

... no pressure.

Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

To help promote JenBozo's free kitteh campaign she's asked me to photoshop a few promo images from this lolcat she sent me.

[attachment=0]screaming.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Dog_Person.png[/attachment]

-Eric
Attachments
screaming.png
Dog_Person.png
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Jen, I wish so bad I could help you, but I'm pretty sure there are laws against FedExing kittens...those guys are too cute though, I hope they find great homes!!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Sockmonkey wrote:To help promote JenBozo's free kitteh campaign she's asked me to photoshop a few promo images from this lolcat she sent me.
Brilliant!
eliseaboo wrote:Jen, I wish so bad I could help you, but I'm pretty sure there are laws against FedExing kittens...those guys are too cute though, I hope they find great homes!!
Stupid LAWS! Thank you for the well wishes - they are super worth it.

On the "glass half full" side of things, I suppose the longer I have them, the more pictures I'll try to wheedle out of Eric. At least THAT'S entertaining, yeah?

Berritt
Aquaphile

Post by Berritt »

Sending you a PM :luv:
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Uh.. Spatman? You've got a clingon...

[attachment=0]Giddyup.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Giddyup.png
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Sockmonkey wrote:Uh.. Spatman? You've got a clingon...

[attachment=0]Giddyup.png[/attachment]
Nice - not quite the pony we refer to in diving, yah?

AAAAANNNNDDD!!!!

Yay Berritt and her mom for taking two more kitties! They are in for a life of comfort and ease for sure!

Two more and Mama left!

Let me say YAY again.

Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

Post by Jeff Kruse »

Wish I could help but I already have 12 :eek:

Animals are treated much worse here in PR. :crybaby:
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

12 cats? 12?! Holy frijoles!

As of yesterday, all the kittens have found homes, two to Berritt's delightful mother (I'd love an update!).

I still have Mama G, who is FRETTING without her kittens, and she is still needing a home of her own. She slept on the floor outside my spare room last night, where her brood used to be. She tried to come in and sleep with me, but my cats wouldn't let her. We both cried a little. :crybaby:

If anyone knows of someone who has space in their hearts and lives to take this cat, she would be most pleased! She's a total doll, snuggly and purring, and is litter box trained and all!

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Aww if I wasn't in the navy id take one of them little guys, I love cats
Berritt
Aquaphile

Post by Berritt »

Oh, my gosh, they are SO cute.

They've been hiding a lot, but they come out to eat and wreak havoc on my moms house. They have knocked over 2 lamps, climbed up the curtains, played with everything they aren't supposed to play with. My mom LOVES them. The little boy is more timid. The girl will walk on her laptop while she's typing. They are definitely warming up to her.

I am working on her about the mama cat. I'm thinking she probably won't take another, but I'm going to try some more. I'm playing the "Poor mama misses her kittens" card and I did get a concerned look out of my mom, so we'll see.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

berritt, that's so awesome that you were able to take some kitties. i hope they get settled in and have years and years of wonderful times with you and your mum.!!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Berritt
Aquaphile

Post by Berritt »

Oh, I wish that I could have taken them myself!! But I'll get to visit them at my moms.

I talked to my mom about the mama kitty again, and she said she doesn't want to have another cat who she will have to bring to the vet and spay right away. She's taking the kittens in to the vet for shots on tuesday, I think... mama kitty's shots and spay would be another $200 (because she asked, she was definitely considering it) and she doesn't want to spend that much more right off the bat. Sorry :( I tried!

We have 3 cat chasing dogs and a bully boy cat so I can't take her. I wish I could. I am sure you will find her a good home. She's really pretty.