You're not my type.

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

You're not my type.

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Found these guys at Ed's Fault in Disco Bay today. Sorry for the crappy video, I really need a new camera.

If you look really close, you will see the head of a small Tiger Rockfish at the bottom then a Red Brotula appears from the top. The Red Brotula heads down to check out the Tiger and decides that it's not their type. I hope my presence didn't ruin a potential love affair. :penelope:

Imagine a "Red Tiger Brotula Rockfish". How cool would that be?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZiZGQmq4c[/youtube]

-Mark
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: You're not my type.

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

Where is Disco Bay? Fun combination of species!
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

Discovery Bay - right around the corner from and to the west of Port Townsend.
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Awesome wall dive if you have a boat.
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

Anyone want to post coordinates? I'm not seeing anything on the charts that suggests steep rocky structure in Discovery Bay, but I'd like to add this as a fall-back possibility next time we launch from Keystone to dive the DK.
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

whatevah wrote:Anyone want to post coordinates? I'm not seeing anything on the charts that suggests steep rocky structure in Discovery Bay, but I'd like to add this as a fall-back possibility next time we launch from Keystone to dive the DK.
stolen fromthe Discovery Bay thread.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver