Another week another gruesome find

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Another week another gruesome find

Post by Penopolypants »

:goodpost:

Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

citycatred wrote:Its a humerus, there are significant differences between the proximal ends of the femur and humerus. One of those differences is the greater trochanter which forms a "neck" for the head of the femur. Plus in the picture you can see a very olecranon fossa which connects to the capitulum which would be easier to see if there was a photo of a different angle. Another distinguishing fact would be the direction of the nutrient foramen, but we would need a close up picture for that. I'll go back to my corner and shut up now.....
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Knowledge DROPPPED!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

On the topic, WTF were they doing bringing it up? I think I'd have marked and reported any human bones.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Holy krikey!! I just go a call from the police regarding this posting!! They are actively investigating this!! How awesome is that!! Totally blew me away and I am very impressed with "the system" right now

But FYI - I think its with Tacoma PD already

Dana was not very impressed by the bombardment of attention from local authorities and media - oops - I might need to make it up with a Coconut shake or somethin :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
DiverChik
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by DiverChik »

Ok folks, just so you ALL know... The bone was called in to the Coast Guard with coordinates of latitude and longitude plus depth found. The Coast Guard had us call the Tacoma PD who met us at the dock and now have the bone in their possession. I brought it up because, last spring a women and her son went missing. The son turned up a few weeks later on Fox Islands shore but the mother was never found. All I thought was, this could be her or someone else that went missing. If I had left it there for someone else to try and find and retrieve, it's highly likely, it wouldn't be found again.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

citycatred wrote:Its a humerus, there are significant differences between the proximal ends of the femur and humerus. One of those differences is the greater trochanter which forms a "neck" for the head of the femur. Plus in the picture you can see a very olecranon fossa which connects to the capitulum which would be easier to see if there was a photo of a different angle. Another distinguishing fact would be the direction of the nutrient foramen, but we would need a close up picture for that. I'll go back to my corner and shut up now.....
:dontknow: :dontknow: #-o #-o

I don't think my Dr would understand all that! :eek:
DiverChik
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by DiverChik »

And yes, Koos, you do owe me a yummy coconut drink! Maybe a lava flow. Yum. :-) Since you've caused so much drama about this whole thing. :-) And cuz the PD called me at 7am! ugh.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Koos??? Cause drama???? Now, how is THAT possible???? :smt064
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

DiverChik wrote:And yes, Koos, you do owe me a yummy coconut drink! Maybe a lava flow. Yum. :-) Since you've caused so much drama about this whole thing. :-) And cuz the PD called me at 7am! ugh.
Like :p
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

DiverChik wrote:And yes, Koos, you do owe me a yummy coconut drink! Maybe a lava flow. Yum. :-) Since you've caused so much drama about this whole thing. :-) And cuz the PD called me at 7am! ugh.
You mean you disturbed a "place of internment," recovered the remains, and called the police before meeting them at the dock... and they didn't immediately book you on felony charges?! Shocking.

BTW - welcome to NWDC... and congratulations on making one HELL of an entrance!!! =D>
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Sounder wrote:
You mean you disturbed a "place of internment," recovered the remains, and called the police before meeting them at the dock... and they didn't immediately book you on felony charges?! Shocking.
C'mon Doug . . . let's play nice in front of our new members . . .
:arsespank:
Kelly
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

ktb wrote:
Sounder wrote:
But playing nice isn't as fun :(
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

ktb wrote:
Sounder wrote:
I AM playing nice!! Although, your indication of spanking takes "nice" to a whole different level. :luv: :rofl:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

citycatred wrote: But playing nice isn't as fun :(
:banplz:

Sounder wrote:I AM playing nice!! Although, your indication of spanking takes "nice" to a whole different level. :luv: :rofl:

citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

spatman wrote:
citycatred wrote: But playing nice isn't as fun :(

:angry: :angry: :angry: :bs:
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:I AM playing nice!! Although, your indication of spanking takes "nice" to a whole different level. :luv: :rofl:

Don't be jealous. I can virtually spank you too. See? :arsespank:
Kelly
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ktb wrote:
spatman wrote:

definitely not as fun as the real thing.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
spatman wrote:

definitely not as fun as the real thing.
..... :nutty:
Cynthia Heimel
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

ktb wrote:
spatman wrote:

Now I'm jealous :luv: :luv:

Removing human bones from their context is probably marginal tho, at least compared to emptying a bag of grandma's ashes.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.