Introduction

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Granite
Just Settling In

Introduction

Post by Granite »

Hello everyone. I just moved to Seattle from Massachusetts a few months ago and I'm really excited to be in a great area to dive. I'm in the midst of figuring out getting my own gear (I've always just rented in the past) and then I want to start getting some dives in.

The brief diving resume. I got my open water, and advanced on Utila in the Bay Islands in Honduras. I worked in Honduras for a year, so I had the luck of just catching a flight out to the Islands on weekends to get in a few dives. The small little planes that went out were a little crazy and you could ask the pilot to stay below 1000ft. if you'd been diving the day before.

I got back to MA and discovered that diving in Gloucester, MA just really wasn't that exciting. I'm fine with the cold but the 10ft visibility and nothing but lobster to look at just didn't motivate me to dive very often.

Other than that I've had some nice dive vacations.

Now I'm really excited to start getting involved with some great Northwest diving and what seems to be a great group of people!

Oh, I'm also hoping to start volunteering at the Seattle Aquarium.

Thanks!
Erik
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Introduction

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome Erik, You found the right place to meet up with new dive buddies and to get lots of good input as to what to buy and good places to dive. Hope you find our area more to your liking.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Introduction

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to NWDC! There are literally dives being set up here all the time throughout the PNW and folks looking for new buddies all the time! There are many experienced NW divers here that very much enjoy introducing people to new sites and to mentoring/welcoming newer divers to the fun that is cold water diving. Make sure that you scan the dive planning forum daily to see what's happening and where.

Once again, welcome to the club!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/