Seainggreen Year In Review

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Seainggreen Year In Review

Post by seainggreen »

Greetings!

I put together a demo reel of sorts to use for a variety of purposes. Yes, it is a bit promotional because that's what a demo reel is for... but since most of it features our home-grown favorite critters, I thought I'd share it here with you. A ginormous thanks to Lundy and "Rapture of the Deep" for the Seainggreen logo artwork.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/23462332[/vimeo]

I've fielded a few questions from folks from NWDC about if I am willing to do film for folks who'd like a video souveneir of a dive day, and the answer is yes. If that's something you'd be interested in, just let me know. I'm currently booked out through Memorial Day with 2 separate projects and associated post-pro work, but June is currently open!

Enjoy!

Happy Diving,
Seainggreen
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Seainggreen Year In Review

Post by John Rawlings »

Finally found the time to watch this....beautiful work, Laurynn!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Very nice!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Fantastic video, thanks for sharing :) Feels like we dove a some of the same places this year. Much of the sea life reminded me of trips to the Caribbean, The Channel Islands, and of course around the Northwest and Canada.

Not sure how you created that video in 8 hours, it usually takes me that long just to view and catalog my footage :P. Keep up the good work, looks like you have had a great diving year so far :).
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

fantastic logo!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

cool video! wants me to go do some blue water diving :(
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Anybody who can watch this and not want to be a diver is quite simply dead.
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

yea awesome, can I make one suggestion I didn't see a scallop! that is one fun local swimming critter... very awesome the only thing I havent seen on there was the little enemy moving about.. that is now on my list of important things to look for!

as mentioned I dont know how you could watch this and NOT want to dive.
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

spudgunman wrote:yea awesome, can I make one suggestion I didn't see a scallop! that is one fun local swimming critter... very awesome the only thing I havent seen on there was the little enemy moving about.. that is now on my list of important things to look for!

as mentioned I dont know how you could watch this and NOT want to dive.
Great suggestion about the scallops! This demo reel is actually just "draft one" of the ultimate final product. I had to quickly produce it to meet the request of a potential client (who ultimately booked me, hooray). Right now it's heavy on cave and octopus. Soon it will have wreck footage and other fun critters replacing some of what you see now, including some swimming scallops! :) I love those guys!

Thanks again for the idea. Happy diving,
Seainggreen
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC