Anyone Want to Dive EUP Saturday AM

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Novice
Dive-aholic

Anyone Want to Dive EUP Saturday AM

Post by Novice »

Looks like slack water is at 800am. I would be interested in one or two tanks if there is time.
squid509
Avid Diver

Re: Anyone Want to Dive EUP Saturday AM

Post by squid509 »

i sould be able to go
i need to take the farry thow and that will be rushing it for a 8:00am splash.
and im still a very new diver i cant seem to fuger out what the current will to by looking at the tide tables
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Ya know the 12ish pm slack might be a better one to catch as the 8:00am one is low tide. Low tide at EUP can be pretty gnarly (I have tried it a few times).
Just a suggestion but if your doing two tanks maybe the second one would be a little more appealing.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Novice
Dive-aholic

Post by Novice »

Ohhh, thanks for the tip. That is a good point. I am new at this whole planning thing. According to this site:

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/get_pr ... &footnote=

If I am reading this right, looks like a if we push the dive later we will only be looking at a +.1 knot current pushing away from the ferry dock. (Please jump in and correct me if I am wrong). Unfortunatley, I am can only get a furlough from daddy duties until 12:00 so :) I have to try and get it in earlier in the morning. Anyone who knows EUP think that a 9 or 10 splash would be better?