Week-end at Redondo and Keystone ...

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Week-end at Redondo and Keystone ...

Post by Grateful Diver »

Last Saturday I did a couple dives with Spatman at Redondo. Our first dive was just playing around with the sidemount rigs, so no camera. Second dive we put in at the south beach and made our way around to the aquarium. It's pretty much continuous bottle field the whole way, and we saw a ton of bottled octopus ...

Saw bunches of these guys too ...

Up by the ladder boat we found a Billy Idolfish ...

... and in the shallows I caught some wormy things ...

Upon exiting the water I discovered I had several missed phone calls and voice mails from concerned friends. Seems I was supposed to have been diving at Keystone that day ... somehow I thought we were diving on Sunday ... worst part was poor coach Izzy drove/ferried all the way over there from Bainbridge Island and couldn't even dive ... I had his drysuit ... :nutty:

So ... having made plans to go to Keystone on Sunday ... I went anyway, and did a nice, long solo dive.

This little fellow has a much more traditional stylist than his southern cousin ...

... and this guy was wearing a hat!

Found a bunch more of these ...

... and the tiniest little dendronotiid ... not sure which variety ...

And no Keystone trip is complete without a heart crab ...

Overall a very worthwhile dive ... although for a day with such a small exchange, the current out toward the end of the jetty was surprisingly ... vigorous ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Re: Week-end at Redondo and Keystone ...

Post by Lonestar »

Nice! So with the Billy Idol fish, does that make you an official roadie?
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Great photos!

Rob and Danny enjoyed their dive at Keystone on Sunday. Thanks, Bob, for encouraging them to head up there. :) What a beautiful day to dive the jetty!

Laurynn
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm pretty sure your dendronotus is a dalli -- the albus has yellow tips on the cerrata.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Awesome photo's!!! I'm so jealous of all you up north with the Sound in your back yard!
\:D/
Cheers!

Ron
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

Fabulous colors in the Keystone pictures. Yet another place I need to go sometime.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

gutholmj wrote:Fabulous colors in the Keystone pictures. Yet another place I need to go sometime.
yes. you do.

good to see you bob, I love listening to story time, even if i wasn't up for another dive
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix