Some guys have all the luck...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Some guys have all the luck, and then there is me...

My truck was stolen from the Eastmont park and ride thursday night. Same truck that was broken into a few months back. Fortunately I am carrying comprehensive (theft coverage) and so I won't loose everything. Nothing in the truck, I learned my lesson last time. Thats the 2nd time in 3 years I've had a vehicle stolen from a park and ride. The previous one was from the mariner park and ride (got that car back 7 days later).

*Sigh*
Geek
Pelagic

Re: Some guys have all the luck...

Post by Geek »

Dude, Dislike!!!

That always sucks, 10 years ago had my car stoled 2x in 24 hours.. 2nd time I just told them to keep it
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

That sucks,

I know that King County had some success discouraging Park and Ride car theft by getting Goodwill to place attended donation stations in some of the problem lots. Are there any attended lots you could park at?

In the past I have put ignition disconnect switches in some vehicles I have had. It took an afternoon to take the dash apart and reverse engineer the wiring harness but a switch and wiring are cheap.

I'm always annoyed that auto theft isn't usually treated as a serious crime. Take $500 from a bank teller and the FBI is looking but a $5000-$50000 vehicle theft is just life in the city.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Dislike!!

I'm so sorry, that's such an awful feeling. Park and rides are such easy targets! I'm glad your gear wasn't in it too.

I've had my car stolen twice and both times I got it back, but it still sucks.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Oh man trevor that's sad to hear. Maybe you should invest in a lowjack or something? Show up before the cops do and bring a mob!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

That sucks!

You need a crappier car. Something with some dents in it, and preferably at least 2 colors of paint. That's the ideal P&R car.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dont use park and rides... That sucks trevor
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
raptor
Dive-aholic

Post by raptor »

Put a fuel cut off switch in you car so it will not start. Or have a second car no one would want to steal.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

sorry to hear that, trevor. it's a shitty feeling to discover something's been stolen.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Have you heard of a Trunk Monkey? Sometimes getting your car back is not enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geynA-JY ... detailpage
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I loved the trunk monkey video. I'm going to definitely add a club or some other theft deterrent next time. Blah.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Trev, I consider you a friend. As such, what's mine is yours. Josh owes me a favor (see tirade pt 1). If they catch whoever did you wrong, I hereby bequeath to you said favor to be used to beat the everliving p!$$ out of whoever did it.

Josh, sorry about the time you might serve. Still though, honestly, your bad.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Trevor, I'm so sorry to hear about more of your bad luck. I hope the thieves rot in hell :angry:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Dude, that really sucks. So sorry.
Kelly
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Sorry about your loss Trevor. My co-worker at the hospital got his car stolen twice in 2 weeks. Both events, the car was found days later with everything intact. Just taken for a joyride. I second the motion of what Fishtiq suggests. I've never had a car stolen yet. But I have experienced a snowboard stolen when I just got in to grab a bite at a ski resort. I felt so numb and just wanna punch somebody. Sorry dude.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Oh man, that is absolutly crappy!!!! I'm glad you didn't have any gear stolen, so that you at least won't loose any diving time with us!!

Lauri
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I'm sitting right now waiting for a two truck. The police called me about 30 mins ago. My truck was located, left in a Marysville residential area. It was parked in somebodies driveway, abandoned there the previous day (by the thief?). I got here quick enough that it did not get impounded.

The starter is in pretty sad shape, the whole front dash has been yanked off. It looks like it was somebodies person daily driver for the last few weeks, but not it does't start (not sure why exactly). Homeowner of where it was left said somebody spent a lot of time yesterday trying to start it before leaving it.

The stereo is now gone, can't pop the hood (cable from dash is snapped), the electrical systems seem to be shot (lights, blinkers, etc) aren't working. Its been smoked in and I'm pretty peeved.

The insurance company is sending a tow truck out now. They are going to have the damages estimated and they will then decide if they are going to fix it or give me the "actual cash value" for the truck. *sigh*.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Take lots of photos while you still have access to it.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

ugh, bummer!! It's probably nice know finally have found it but they could have left it in better shape!
April
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

To be found, but in crappy shape, and with residual "thief funk"....that's a bummer indeed. I hope your insurance company continues its good service!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!