1st Weekly DD's (Double D's) - 8/17/11

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

1st Weekly DD's (Double D's) - 8/17/11

Post by Scube_Noob »

Get your mind out of the gutter folks...it's not the DD's you were thinking of....

In this case - Double D's stands for "Diving-n-Dining"

I have been talking to a managing partner at Salty's for a couple of weeks now - to come up with a special, just for us divers. The end result is the DD special.

If you go into Salty's on a Wednesday, you get $10 off any Entree! (You have to tell the waitstaff you want the "DD" discount)

So here is my thought. I was hoping that we could do a regular weekly dive on Wednesday's where we could take advantage of this special.

I was thinking we could organize this as follows:
1) 1st dive @ 4:30 (for those die hards with free time / flexible schedules)
2) 2nd dive @ 6:00 - 6:15
3) 3rd dive (in Salty's for dinner) @ 8:00 ish - when everyone has changed.

They do their last seating @ 9:00 p.m. - and close @ 10:30.....

Let me know your thoughts - if you could make something like this on a regular basis - or if you have ideas for improving it. I would like this to be a regular meeting, with all Dive buddies (known and unknown) welcome - and newbie divers would be able to join in at anytime.
We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anything.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: 1st Weekly DD's (Double D's) - 8/17/11

Post by coulterboy »

Does this apply to all Salty's restaurant, or just a specific branch?
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think this is the Redondo Salty's, right?

I could do this occasionally, but I'd probably just do the first dive and head home. I WON'T drive to Redondo for the second dive time, so I'd have to be up for two to make dive three.

It's a great idea, though! Redondo is one of those places like the T-dock, where you can almost always dive, tides and currents notwithstanding. If there were a standing dive there, we'd have them north, middle and south. More power to you!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

Sounds like fun to me. I'm game.
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

coulterboy wrote:Does this apply to all Salty's restaurant, or just a specific branch?
Just the one at Salty's Redondo for now...

I could ask her about Salty's @ Alki...maybe we could rotate the weekly dive...
We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anything.
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

johnclark wrote:Sounds like fun to me. I'm game.
Awesome - Next Wednesday will be the 1st - who else is up for it?

Rob3 - are you out there?
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

LCF wrote:I think this is the Redondo Salty's, right?

I could do this occasionally, but I'd probably just do the first dive and head home. I WON'T drive to Redondo for the second dive time, so I'd have to be up for two to make dive three.

It's a great idea, though! Redondo is one of those places like the T-dock, where you can almost always dive, tides and currents notwithstanding. If there were a standing dive there, we'd have them north, middle and south. More power to you!
Hope to see you at these - enjoyed meeting / diving with you...MMM is a bit far North for me to make on a regular basis, so I understand what you are saying. I will ask about Salty's at Alki - maybe we could rotate the dives.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

My Wednesdays ore occupied, but Way to go Rob! =D>
Great way to jump in on some weekly dives and the $10.00 off deal might work, Salty's is pretty expensive if you would have to pay full price.
Again, Good job Rob! (Hey that rhymes) :supz: :supz: :supz:

I was thinking you were diving double tanks, when I first read the title.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

Only you would think Double Tanks when you hear Double D's...... LOL

The nice thing about this Deal is that it apply's to their "small" entree's as well - which range in in the $15-19 dollar range....

This will make a burger there about $7 - Their crab mac and cheese (which is good) about $9....and so on.

P.S. This is Chad, not Rob - but no problem, I have been called much worse than Rob before.... LOL
Rob3
Avid Diver

Post by Rob3 »

I always up for a regular dive.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

A $7 burger there is a good deal -- their food is excellent!

Unfortunately, I will be working this Wednesday.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
mcloed121
Aquanaut

Post by mcloed121 »

i will try to make the first dive i know i can make the second dive
Anthony
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

OK All -

How funny is this - I can not do the first dive this week. I will definitely be there for the 2nd dive, and the 3rd dive for dinner in Salty's.

Can I get a final count on who can make this dive this week?

Thanks.