DUI Dog Days tickets?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Blaiz
Pelagic

DUI Dog Days tickets?

Post by Blaiz »

My local shop didn't get any tickets/info on the dog days this year. I know there are several places along the I-5 corridor one can purchase them, however, can one seek entrance on the Saturday morning of the event? Registration begins at 9 am, and everywhere between me and Les Davis, I suspect, will be closed before that.
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Re: DUI Dog Days tickets?

Post by enchantmentdivi »

http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/2011_rally_les_davis.pdf

I believe you can purchase tickets somewhere on their website as well.
Jenn
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

You can indeed buy tickets on the day of the event at the event itself!

Sounds like there will be a good turnout this year. Hope you have fun. It's a great way to access just about any combination of drysuit and undergarment to find the "perfect combination" for you.

Enjoy!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

All I want to do is try diving a suit that actually fits me correctly so I'm not looking for a intro to dysuit diving with a DM to hold my hand. What is there policy for divers that have experience way beyond their C cards? In the last couple of years I have around a hundred local dives in my (mostly) dry suit but I'm not a merit badge collector so I all I have is an OW card and a inflator whip on my reg set? Are they going to be willing to give me gear and turn me loose to dive with my buddy?

Anybody want to try and make a dive over at Day Is., Fox Is., or 'TTN afterwords? I'm in Seattle if a carpool makes sense.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

@Renoun

I went out last year and when you sign up with the shore crew you let them know if you have drysuit cert or not. Unfortunately, if you don't have a drysuit cert you will be going out with a DM but they don't just lead you by the hand. You pretty much dictate the dive and they don't really give you and intro to drysuit diving really. Especially if you've dove dry before. If you've dove dry then they just assume you're good.

My gear is in the shop for its annual service otherwise I would be up to join you for a dive at any of those locations.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

finnegankp wrote:Unfortunately, if you don't have a drysuit cert you will be going out with a DM
Kind of makes me wish I got some sort of certificate from UTD Essentials that said I did the workshop in a dry suit. Oh well, I'll probably go down any way and figure out what size used DUI suit I need to look for.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

renoun wrote:
finnegankp wrote:Unfortunately, if you don't have a drysuit cert you will be going out with a DM
Kind of makes me wish I got some sort of certificate from UTD Essentials that said I did the workshop in a dry suit. Oh well, I'll probably go down any way and figure out what size used DUI suit I need to look for.
Kinda makes me wonder what they do with DMs who have no drysuit cert?? Like me...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

CaptnJack wrote: Kinda makes me wonder what they do with DMs who have no drysuit cert?? Like me...
Make them run decent/ascent drills until they get board and leave.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

renoun wrote:
CaptnJack wrote: Kinda makes me wonder what they do with DMs who have no drysuit cert?? Like me...
Make them run decent/ascent drills until they get board and leave.
I've already left, every organization in town has "their event" the 3rd weekend in August, sigh.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
shavedheadphil
Avid Diver

Post by shavedheadphil »

renoun, I'm more than willing to dive this weekend! Saturday? For sure! Check out the currents for Day Island Wall this weekend! I'm test diving the electric undergarment on Sunday at 1130. Willing to head out after that as well. Gimme a call, 253-579-5365
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence.
There I recognise no masters! There I am free.
-Jules Verne. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea.
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

renoun wrote:All I want to do is try diving a suit that actually fits me correctly so I'm not looking for a intro to dysuit diving with a DM to hold my hand. What is there policy for divers that have experience way beyond their C cards? In the last couple of years I have around a hundred local dives in my (mostly) dry suit but I'm not a merit badge collector so I all I have is an OW card and a inflator whip on my reg set? Are they going to be willing to give me gear and turn me loose to dive with my buddy?

Anybody want to try and make a dive over at Day Is., Fox Is., or 'TTN afterwords? I'm in Seattle if a carpool makes sense.
I'm game, let me know when and where if you need that buddy.
squid509
Avid Diver

Post by squid509 »

:angry:
Damn you LDS for insisting i go to Dog Days
your free air fill for buying a ticket was a evil ploy to get at my money
:crybaby:
now i want one but can fit it into my budget until after the coupon expires