Deer Lake Cleanup

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Alexitt
Submariner

Deer Lake Cleanup

Post by Alexitt »

A group of us from Evergreen Dive did a lake cleanup at the County Park on Deer Lake, Whidbey Island yesterday... 7 divers and 1 shore person managed to bring out 2 bags of cans, 1 bag of bottles, 1 bag of assorted trash, 1 crawdad pot, 2 road signs, 1 VW roof, and 1 car fender... (and we're talking the xtra lg Contractor cleanup bags here...) It was my first time diving in Fresh water and I must say it's rather nice not to have to go through the usual Apre~ dive ritual of rinsing and cleaning gear... It's also amazing how much crap there is under the water at what looks from the surface like a pristine park to take the kids swimming... We're planning to start trying to hit a lake once a month or so now and do a cleanup (and gear rinse)... I'll post details if anyone is interested in giving a hand as we decide on where to hit next... We'll probably concentrate on N. End lakes for a while as those are closest to home but I know there's a lot of N. End divers out there and the more the merrier...
:joshsmith: :angelblue: :joshsmith: :angelblue: :joshsmith: :angelblue: :joshsmith:
Pict0003.jpg
Pict0004.jpg
Pict0005.jpg
Pict0010.jpg
Pict0011.jpg
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Re: Deer Lake Cleanup

Post by eliseaboo »

There's a chance those road signs were down there on purpose for divers...at least that's what the lakes in WI look like. I enjoy freshwater cleanup dives for some strange reason...keep me posted, maybe I'll be able to make the next one!
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Nah... These ones were buried in the silt and it was just dumb luck they were spotted at all... In my youth those would've been on my wall rather than a lake bed... :supz:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Nice job, Alex! =D>
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Novice
Dive-aholic

Post by Novice »

I am down to clean up a north end lake, sounds fun and I could bring the kids to play on the grass etc...
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Alex, I loaned my car to a college student for the week and he brought it back after a collision with a metal post in a parking garage. You didn't happen to find a bumper for a 2005 Subaru did you? I could really use a replacement. Joking aside, good on ya.
-Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Was it Green??? and twisted beyond recognition??? Possibly...
I'll post when we get the next one planned... The more the merrier...
-Alex-