Diver Dave's Son in Harborview

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Scuba Scott
Aquaphile

Post by Scuba Scott »

Some of you know Diver Dave from Sitka. His young son Dylan was hit by a car this week while riding his bike. His son was transported to Harborview yeasterday with a badly broken leg and damaged liver. Dylan's mom flew down with him from Sitka. Dave and his girlfriend are flying to Seattle Friday morning and will be staying for a week to be with Dylan. Anyone that has a spare room in the Seattle area or transportation available can contact me direct. I will pick them up from the airport about 9:00 am on Friday and will get them a rental car or drive them to the hospital. Any help from this group would be greatly appreciated.

Scuba Scott
aka Scott Dennis *2 0 6 94 1 8 000 *
Attachments
Dylan.jpg
Life can be short and dives even shorter. Time off work will put it all in perspective.

http://www.waterproofdecks.blogspot.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Really sorry to hear that. If I lived up there, I would gladly offer a room for them to stay in as long as they needed.

Please keep us updated with any news of his son's condition. Our thoughts are with him and his family.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Diver Dave's Son in Harborview

Post by Dusty2 »

Sometimes life really sucks!

My heart goes out to the family. I know this has really been a traumatic time for them. I sincerely wish I lived closer and could help. I am sure there will be someone close in that can help. We have allot of Seattle members. I'm sure Kieth will chime in soon but he is out diving and not aware of what is happening.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I have a spare room w/ a Queen size bed. But I do live at least 1 1/2 hours from Harborview!
The room is available if needed.
I'll talk to Dave or Scott tomorrow.
Keeping Dylan and the rest of the family in prayer.

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

I live like 9 blocks from harborview, but live in tiny apartment with no spare room.

I do have a truck (smallish, ford ranger).
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I've got friends at Harborview who will be checking on Dylan and family in the morning. I wish I wasn't in the midst of moving and was able to offer accommodations, perhaps I can figure something out if nobody else can come through for them. Dave has my number and instructions to let me know what else they need.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Could some one keep us updated on how he is doing. I'm sure there are many who would like to know.

I will keep him in my prayers and hope he soon will be heading home and on his way to being just another fun loving kid.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We live a long way from the hospital, but I can tell you from working there for years that there is simply no better place that this unfortunate young man could be. When it comes to trauma management, Harborview has few peers.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

DiverDave...He had surgery this morning and hes doing really well.....
14 hours ago ·
from Facebook today
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Diver Dave is on a plane back to Sitka, Today.
His son, Dylan needs to stay a few more days, (his mom is staying with him). To the best of my knowledge, Dylan is doing much better now. As of Last Saturday he still had some bile leaking somewhere. I would hope that is better now.
Thanks for the dives Dave! See you in February, I hope. :highfive:

Keith.