Replacement port for housing???

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Alexitt
Submariner

Replacement port for housing???

Post by Alexitt »

I have an Ikelite 6242.90 Housing for Canon S90 and while giving it a good cleaning tonight during re-assembly the lens port threads snapped... #%$^&!!! Yes I probably snugged it too hard but it didn't seem to be too much pressure at the time... What I need to know is Can I get a replacement??? Or am I totally screwed... Please tell me it's available and not going to cost my left testicle (cause I still need it)... I hope you guys can help, You always have in the past...

Thanks and hoping for some good news
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Replacement port for housing???

Post by Dusty2 »

I'm sure you can send it to Ikelite and get it fixed. As for parts I doubt you will find them anywhere else
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Sent them an email about that but haven't heard anything since I just did it tonight... I'm hoping I can just order it...
:angry: :angry: :angry:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

as with most companies emails don't get much priority. Call them monday.

Can you post a pic of what broke?
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Yeah I was planning on that too...
Here's a couple pics
The threads broke after I cleaned and lubed the O-ring
The threads broke after I cleaned and lubed the O-ring
Not pretty... Ruined my whole day...
Not pretty... Ruined my whole day...
-Alex-

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I would be willing to bet that that has happened before and they should have that part in stock. You might even get it for free. Looks like a weak link in their product to me. It is obviously a part that is meant to be replaceable.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

That is certainly my hope... and I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to do this but it doesn't make me feel any less an idiot... Ah well, Here's hoping...
-Alex-

Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I spoke with Ikelite this am and got the part ordered should be here by the end of the week... $100 +- Oh well, lesson learned... Still cheaper than a new housing... Used the Intova yesterday for a couple of dives but it just wasn't the same...
-Alex-

Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

Sorry to hear of the problem but glad you could get the replacement part and not have to buy a new housing.
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Well, all is well again... finally got the port and gonna go try it out tomorrow since I've been too busy to get out this week...
-Alex-