Finally making it formal

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
gymratdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Finally making it formal

Post by gymratdiver »

Hey everyone. My name is David Huff. I've been certified for several years now but just within the last year or so got all my own gear. I've only done about 20 dives or so. Mostly here but have dove in Cozumel and Maui. I've had some great experiences and a few bad ones. Looking to try and dive at least a couple times a month but just haven't been able to find a consistent buddy or routine. Hopefully participating on/in this forum will help with that! I have season tickets to the Seahawks and try and spend plenty of time in the gym. Needless to say I'm busy. Husband and father are in there too! Lol but definitely looking to lose the "excuses" and spend more time in the water. Hope to meet a lot of you soon!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Finally making it formal

Post by Dusty2 »

hi Guy, Welcome to NWDC. This is the place to get your dive on! There are tons of willing buddies here so you should be able find one when you need it. Tell us your location so we have an idea of the locations that are best for you. There are weekly dives both north and south of Seattle and they are always open to newcomers. Check out MMM for monday afternoons in Mukilteo, WWW for the wednesday dives at cove 2 in Seattle, and the thursday crowd in the south end
gymratdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by gymratdiver »

I knew I'd forget something. I'm in tacoma. Just minutes from les davis actually. Even more reason that I should be in the water more! It's not like I have to commute to find a dive site!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

you do to find a good dive site! oops! sorry. Les is one of my least favorite sites. However being in Tacoma is a good thing. We have a good crew down here most of which live in and around Tacoma. Most of there dives are done at Redondo or Three Tree. Les is not a very popular site mostly because it doesn't tend to have a lot of interesting life to look at and it's very silty.

Just watch for announcements from the Thursday night crew. They are a great bunch,dive almost every Thursday and new comers are always welcome. Tacoma Scuba is a good place to hook up with dive buddies also. They have a weekly dive also or at least they did. They have a great fill station and a lot of the board members hang out there too.
gymratdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by gymratdiver »

Agreed. Les Davis is nothing special. Again why I need to get our more!!!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Our Thursday South Sound dives sound perfect for you! And if you don't mind traveling a little farther north we have Monday and Wednesday weekly dives as well. Check out the regular announcements in the Dive Planning forum:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3

And/or our club dive in February!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome David!
Yes! you are welcome to come join in on a Thursday dive with us, when life lets you.
We all understand how "Life" seems to always get in the way of our, Dive addictions!
We do need to keep our priorities straight, so your not alone there.
I work week ends with three days off, in the middle of the week. I picked , Thursday, as my weekly dive day and try to keep it limited to two dives. keep an eye on the , "Dive Planning" section and we'll see you at a local dive, soon!

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: