WWW - 5/22/2013

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 5/22/2013

Post by Mortuus »

Your weekly WWW thread! Meet at Alki C2 for some diving!

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5:00 pm splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 pm splash

I like to post splash times instead of meet times so that people can arrive with ample time to set up their own gear. Also, there will probably be food afterwards.

As usual, we have plenty of spare gear laying around, so if you any desire to try any out, just let us know. If you are a novice diver looking to be paired up with a "big buddy" diver, just speak up, and we will pair you with an experienced diver. See you there! ...or not, because I have too much school work. But someone else will see you there! :)
Last edited by Mortuus on Sun May 19, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: WWW - 5/22/2013

Post by Mortuus »

Bump for the reuse of an old WWW thread
Last edited by Mortuus on Sun May 19, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Mortuus wrote:Bump for the reuse of an old WWW thread
And again. Think of it as recycling =)

This thread is now for the tweak on May 22nd, 2013!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I"ll be there on Wednesday 5/22!! hoping to see our new intrepid Tec1 crew out there and congratulate them all on the accomplishment.

anyone planning on coming out, please RSVP here so we can make sure we've got some big buddies for ya.

Also, anyone need gear, gas, lights, computers, wings, back plates, scooters, etc. for this dive, reply here with your requests and we will make it happen!

ALL Divers welcome from ALL agencies, color, creed and BCD orientation :)

Koos
Last edited by kdupreez on Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You'll be missing all the ladies . . . we're doing a DIR chick's dive right around the corner!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Damn!! Will Baxter is in town??
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
KaizerWilhelm
Avid Diver

Post by KaizerWilhelm »

That got interesting.

Nevertheless. Yes, Koos! We're doing a girls only dive because I'm in town. I would invite you, but you're not a girl :-(
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

LOL, pictures of the pink tutu Will, or it didn't happen :p
KaizerWilhelm
Avid Diver

Post by KaizerWilhelm »

I think you just want to see me in a pink tutu :joshsmith:
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

I want to see you in a pink tutu Will!!!! Is it coming to Truk? I think we need a pink tutu shot on the San Francisco Maru!!!

In other news, I will be there for the 2nd dive, and for the first time in many months I will NOT be carrying a deco bottle!!!!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

aadolfi wrote: In other news, I will be there for the 2nd dive, and for the first time in many months I will NOT be carrying a deco bottle!!!!
Are you sure you will not be wildly off-balance without it ? Wanna scoot the dive ?
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

aadolfi wrote:I want to see you in a pink tutu Will!!!! Is it coming to Truk? I think we need a pink tutu shot on the San Francisco Maru!!!

In other news, I will be there for the 2nd dive, and for the first time in many months I will NOT be carrying a deco bottle!!!!

Here yo go..

Will diving his GUE approved Pink Tutu at Alki Fishing reef a while back.. :joshsmith:

It was awesome to see the tutu swirling gracefully as he was towed around with his scooter.. simply breath taking!

JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I'm in and will be there at 4:30
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

I will be there for dive 2 (and 3). SANS DECO BOTTLE. Wholy crap, if my right arm starts dragging in the mud somebody slap me :)
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

I'm In For Dives 2 And 3, And Hope To Make Dive 1
Lobotomy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Lobotomy »

I'll be there for both dives.
mtrautman
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mtrautman »

Would anyone who is doubles-savvy be available on the first dive to mentor me? I will be in doubles for the first time. Kees will be there on the second dive to relieve you.

Marshall
I would rather be diving, always. Seriously, wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me.

Challenge: What is my profile picture of?
Hint: its on a microscope slide.
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

I'll be there in the vicinity of 4:30! :eric: I'm not sure how many dives I'll stay for, but I'll definitely be doing a dive! Two would be ideal! See you all there!
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

THIS WAS THE BEST THING EVER
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

holy cow this was a great night out diving with almost more new faces than the old familiar douche bags :)

we must have had at least 12 people out diving and about half of them "new to the group"

viz was totally crap, but Tess you made it totally worth it with your bubbling enthusiasm!

THAT is what this is all about!

thanks for coming out everyone!

hope to see you again next week..