WWW - 7/24/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 7/24/13

Post by Mortuus »

Hey all, hopefully WWW is still happening this week! I know that a lot of the regulars (myself included) are working to get gear prepped for a weekend of epic diving at Lake Crescent, so I am not sure how many people will show up this week. I am for sure going to be out because I tore a wrist seal today, so my drysuit will be in the shop. If WWW does happen, here are the times:

Early bird special dive: Splash at 4:45 pm

Dive 2: Splash at 6:30 pm

Location is Cove 2, as per the usual. If there is a decent turnout, then see you there! I will at least show up for food afterwards. If not, hopefully you all have some great dives.

- Dylan
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: WWW - 7/24/13

Post by LCF »

Wish I were going to be there . . . JP's class put a whole different light on diving the Cove (and I suspect our little group would really like to go back and do some measurements again :) ). But this working for a living thing is going to get in the way this week.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there!!

Minus the 20 thousand lumens lights... (And yes, that is not an exageration, we had 20 thousand lumens video lights that past week on the project / class in the form of only 2 video ligts!! )

anyone need any gear or wanna try something, please let me know!

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I'll be there for dive 2! Could I borrow a pair of Hollis F1 fins or Jet fins? I was thinking of buying a pair but I wanna try em out before I do.
msblazer
Just Settling In

Post by msblazer »

I'll be there for both dives.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Sure thing, Micah! I'll bring an extra set..
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

I'll be there for the 2nd dive....and of course the third dive.......
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I'll be there as well. Dives 2 and 3. If someone will buddy up with me, I'm still trying to figure out my trim in the new suit and want to get weighted as we come out. I've become incredibly head-heavy.
tstucki
Getting To Know Folks

Post by tstucki »

I'm hoping to show up for the 2nd dive on Wednesday... Does anyone have a tank (maybe a 100 or 119) I could borrow? I'm hoping to buy some at the Scuba Fair this weekend, so I need to borrow in the meantime...

And Koos... can you bring that Galileo Luna for me to try?

Thanks!
dscuba
Aquaphile

Post by dscuba »

I'll be there for dive 2 so my baby bro doesn't feel too lonely.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

tstucki wrote:I'm hoping to show up for the 2nd dive on Wednesday... Does anyone have a tank (maybe a 100 or 119) I could borrow? I'm hoping to buy some at the Scuba Fair this weekend, so I need to borrow in the meantime...

And Koos... can you bring that Galileo Luna for me to try?

Thanks!

I can bring both of these for ya!

see you tomorrow, Troy !
Tony S
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Tony S »

Hey All,
I would really like to join for tomorrow's WWW. I only have about 20 dives, 5 on a new dry suit. I am still trying to get dialed in.

I could make it for the 2nd dive.

Would it be okay for me to join -- could I hook up with someone that doesn't mind taking out a newish diver?

Cove 2 at Alki?

Thanks and I look forward to diving with you guys!

Tony
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Absolutely!

Looking forward to meeting you, Tony!