Redondo 8/11

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Redondo 8/11

Post by pogiguy05 »

Met up with Ron at Three Tree which was packed with salmon fishermen so we decided to head to Redondo for our dive. I would suggest that Three Tree on weekends be done only as a NIGHT dive until Salmon season ends.

The tide was pretty high and the vis was not so good, but then it is summer. As we dropped and hit bottom we happen to find someones goody bag. So if you are missing one and can PM Ron and describe it then you can reclaim it. When we got to the pipe at the Carousel boat I noticed the Octo had a fish hook I think hooked. I did not see it eating anything, but assume it had stolen someones bait and got hooked in the process. I wish I could have help it, but knew better then to stick my hand in an Octo's den. Then inside the Carousel boat seems to be a shiny knew KEG. my first thought was how did it get there? Did someone just toss it off a boat? As we headed up slope there I was once again feeling a SNEEZE coming on. This time I sneezed three times in a row. Now I am not saying anything, BUT the common denominator when I have sneezed on a dive, I was with the same dive buddy every time. :smt064 As we got to the end of the large pipe I noticed some crab shells so I investigated the small pipe on the shallow side of the bigger pipe and DING there is an Octo in there now as well. It is the small concrete pipe. Unfortunately we did not see any six gills and our dive was around 1 hour long. The pipe boat sure is showing wear and tear as well now. Oh and Ron had a curious lady wanting to have her picture taken with him in the parking lot. :luv:
Attachments
P8111428.JPG
P8111394.JPG
P8111415.JPG
Poor octo :-(
Poor octo :-(
Jeff Castor
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 8/11

Post by Linedog »

In the parking lot?
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Yep! A little old Hispanic woman came running up to me, put her arm around me ( still in all of my gear) and had her picture taken.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
MikeMeagher
Dive-aholic

Post by MikeMeagher »

What was the vis like?
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

He probably saw her from 40-50 feet away depending on the light.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

lol
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Linedog wrote:He probably saw her from 40-50 feet away depending on the light.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

A few pics from the dive......
Attachments
2-DSC00471.JPG
3-DSC00473.JPG
7-DSC00477.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY