Some fun diving Nov 2

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Some fun diving Nov 2

Post by Jeremy »

Posting this here in case anyone wants to join up.

Sat Nov 2:

8:00 AM meet: Picnic Point!
Bucket list dive if I've ever heard of one! Phrases like "be prepared for a long 290 yard walk to the beach", "relatively few numbers of animals living in this area", and "sandy bottom with an occasional starfish" come to mind!!!
Lets do this!

10:30 AM meet: Edmonds Underwater Park!
Let's strap on our biggest tank or two and take a grand tour: slinky, boatyard, enhancements, cathedrals, triumph, pontoon, tubehenge...zounds!!! This will be about an 80 min dive.

:supz:
Iqjumpuw
Avid Diver

Re: Some fun diving Nov 2

Post by Iqjumpuw »

How deep are you guys going?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Picnic Point : 70 fsw max
Edmonds: 40 fsw max
Iqjumpuw
Avid Diver

Post by Iqjumpuw »

I will be there for Edmonds Park if I can fix my dry suit in time.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

This sounds like a good time. Count me in!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeremy wrote:Picnic Point : 70 fsw max
How far out do you plan to go??????? Hitting 70' at PP is a looooooonnnnggggg swim.

Head south from the entrance to find the pooper pipeline, most interesting (only) thing in the area.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Nwbrewer wrote:
How far out do you plan to go??????? Hitting 70' at PP is a looooooonnnnggggg swim.

Head south from the entrance to find the pooper pipeline, most interesting (only) thing in the area.

Not trying to hit 70' but Fischnaller says it's doable if one so wanted. How far is the pipeline from the beach? Is it kickable?
Last edited by Jeremy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

GearHead wrote:This sounds like a good time. Count me in!
Awesome!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeremy wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:

Not trying to hit 70' but Fischnaller says it's doable if one so wanted. How far is the pipeline from the beach? Is it kickable?
Yeah. The pipeline is kickable, get to 50' and head south. 70' is kickable (I've done it) it's just a long traverse over sandy bottom with the occasional crab and anemone. If you actually get that far out the bottom turns rockier, most rocks about the size of a golfball. If you like looking at little stuff, stick your head down to the bottom, there's actually lots of life in the rocks, since there's a good amount of current through there.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Iqjumpuw
Avid Diver

Post by Iqjumpuw »

I will be there for the Edmonds dive @ 10:30am. I only have a HP 80 CF steel tank though... Do you think that'll be enough for me?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Iqjumpuw wrote:I will be there for the Edmonds dive @ 10:30am. I only have a HP 80 CF steel tank though... Do you think that'll be enough for me?
To go deeper then 40 fsw in Edmonds underwater park, you will require a shovel.

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Iqjumpuw wrote:I will be there for the Edmonds dive @ 10:30am. I only have a HP 80 CF steel tank though... Do you think that'll be enough for me?
If you have a low sac rate it should be fine. But I'd say that of the people I typically dive with only 5%-10% could do an 80 min dive at Edmonds with a HP80. They tend to be short, small, and experienced. Being female helps too.
Iqjumpuw
Avid Diver

Post by Iqjumpuw »

Jeremy wrote:
If you have a low sac rate it should be fine. But I'd say that of the people I typically dive with only 5%-10% could do an 80 min dive at Edmonds with a HP80. They tend to be short, small, and experienced. Being female helps too.
Doh... I'll have to see if I can rent a bigger tank or I'll have to bring a buddy and both of us will end the dive a bit sooner than you guys.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Iqjumpuw wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
Doh... I'll have to see if I can rent a bigger tank or I'll have to bring a buddy and both of us will end the dive a bit sooner than you guys.
Sounds good! It's a super fun dive profile.
franroque
Frequent Bubbler

Post by franroque »

I'd like to make the Edmonds dive.

Francis
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

franroque wrote:I'd like to make the Edmonds dive.

Francis
Awesome! It will be great to dive with you again :supz:
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Iqjumpuw wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
You should be able to make it with your HP80 Lee. The way you dove last Wednesday, you should be fine, but yes, if you don't wanna worry about it, rent an HP100. I can do an 80 min. dive in Edmonds anytime easily with my HP80, and you and I are about the same build, although I know you're at least an inch taller than me.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Iqjumpuw
Avid Diver

Post by Iqjumpuw »

Sadly, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. My buddy would rather go crabbing. I think we are going to check out Kayak Point.

I am going to miss you guys :(