Hello from Woodinville

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Hello from Woodinville

Post by MightyGazebo »

Hello all!
New diver here, just finished my OW, AOW, Nitrox and Dry certs with Peter these last two months. I've wanted to dive as long as I can remember but finally had a chance to do a resort dive in Maui last December which gave me the push of "You need to do this NOW".
Cold water is nothing here... in a dry suit. Won't catch me wet.
I'm up in Woodinville so the sites down south are a bit of a drive but Saturday or Sunday mornings are fine. I've also really enjoyed Edmonds UWP. I quickly learned some of the best diving in in less than 30 feet (although I absolutely loved my recent dive to 91 at Redondo).
I'm open to finding new people to dive with, particularly on the weekends. For now I'm still new enough I'd prefer not to lead anywhere other than Edmonds UWP. Only about a dozen dives on my fins so far...
Graphic designer by profession, into photography as well. Looking forward to taking some better pictures (my UW photo class picts, well, let's just say focus isn't as easy as it is on land).
-Kevin
johnclark
Aquaphile

Re: Hello from Woodinville

Post by johnclark »

Hi Kevin, let me know what dates / times work for you and we'll go diving!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Hi Kevin, welcome to the board! We have several weekly dives around the Sound. All skill levels are welcome, and you can be set up with a buddy if needed. Keep your eye on the dive planning section to see what's up where each week. The Bubbles and Suds group on Wednesdays on the north end is probably the closest to you, but you are welcome to come to any of them.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the board and to the addiction!

If you ever get the urge to come on down South from Woodinville it would be a pleasure to dive some of the Southern sites with you!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman