Saturday 7/12

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Saturday 7/12

Post by MightyGazebo »

Late morning to early afternoon, anyone interested? A site up closer to me would be nice (like Edmonds or somewhere in that northish area) but I'll take what I can get. Maybe somewhere not terribly tide sensitive considering the time I'm looking at.

Edit:
Looks like I may be south on Saturday anyway, so south dives are good too.

Edit 2:
Nope, looks like a section of 405 is closed plus construction projects this weekend. South will be a nightmare. I'm good for up north though. Still looking for a confirmed buddy. Any dive site.
Last edited by MightyGazebo on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Saturday 7/12

Post by Norris »

and what time are you looking at?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Post by MightyGazebo »

I'm pretty open, but to me late morning to early afternoon is 9am-1pm, meeting up anywhere in that time frame. Or earlier/later. I'm open.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

July 12th is one of the days I look at the tide chart and decide to do something else. You have an enormous exchange on either side of a -2 (or worse) nadir . . . at NOON. So you are dealing with tremendous water movement, morning and afternoon, and a midday situation where, at Edmonds, you will be wading almost to the Olympic Peninsula before you are in water deep enough to kneel.

You could do an early morning or late afternoon dive at a current insensitive site, like the Coves, or Redondo, or Les Davis.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Post by MightyGazebo »

Yeah, I saw the tides too, just getting itchy to get back out there. What you suggested about late afternoon or early morning at those sites I'm fine with.
I don't really care when or where I just need to dive if anyone is interested in being a buddy to a relatively new diver.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

BTW, this is a pretty darned good relatively new diver, if anybody is wondering . . . Recently did OW and AOW with Peter.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Let me see what the weekend has in store for me. I may be able to show you around somewhere.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Three Tree today the current was screaming. Very low tide, and the water was jetting by... I probably would have continued but 2 out of 3 of us called it - wise decision, no doubt.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Post by MightyGazebo »

Still looking for a buddy.
Due to construction and closures looks like it'll have to be north of 520. Due to tides, probably an evening dive unless we're at a site where tides aren't an issue.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If I weren't attending the birthday party of a close friend, I'd join you for an evening dive.
MightyGazebo
Just Settling In

Post by MightyGazebo »

No worries. Looks like David and I will be diving on Saturday late afternoon, tide in plenty by 5pm (maybe meet up 6pm-ish). We'll be going to Edmonds UP most likely. Anyone else interested let me know.