Need advice on Mac logbook programs

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Clay
Avid Diver

Need advice on Mac logbook programs

Post by Clay »

Hey there Divers!
Does anyone download there dives to a Mac from there dive computer? If you do, what program do you use/recommend?
I have a Galileo Luna from scuba pro and I have gotten to the point that I only use my "windows" computer for my log book. The "smart track" program from scuba pro isn't available for Mac and is terrible anyway. Paid or free doesn't matter...

Thanks,
Clay
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Re: Need advice on Mac logbook programs

Post by finnegankp »

Clay,

I use MacDive. I ran into the same problem with my Veo 4.0 and it drove me crazy. Mac Dive is pretty good and tracks a lot of great data. If your in the area this weekend I am diving out at Cove 2 and could bring my mac with me and give you a quick preview if you'd like.

- Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

MacDive is great, I just got tired of plugging in all the time.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

So... Mac dive isn't compatible with the uwatec "scuba pro" computers... I found a program called dive log that is a lot like Mac dive, bought it... It won't recognize my infrared dongle that's required to communicate with my dive comp. I didn't buy the $80 scuba pro IrDA so the program won't recognize it even though windows did immediately. And no I can't install drivers for it....... I think the scuba gods hate me.