For Sale 10w HID

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Diver_C
Amphibian

For Sale 10w HID

Post by Diver_C »

Selling my Nite-Diver.com 10w HID, 5000C, can light with extra bulb, and extra battery pack for $450. Super bright light, brighter than other 10-watters I have seen (I think due to large, focusable light-head). NiMH batteries last up to 4.5 hours. Comes with both home and car chargers. Below is a link for pictures of it from the manufacturer's website:

Basic pics of 5000c
Pictures of upgraded light-head

My light has several upgrades from the one selling for $615 on the manufacturer's website. The light-head has been made even more heavy duty with a redesigned compression ring inside and out, so it is now depth rated beyond 1000fsw. Plus, it also has the hard goodman handle, not the soft. Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not have pictures for it, but I can tell you the hard goodman is awesome, and much better than the soft one. Furthermore, a switch has been installed to prevent the battery from being over-charged or over-drained, both of which can be bad on NiMH batteries.

The extras I have for it are costly. An extra bulb is $150, and the extra battery $110. With the basic price of a new light, plus the handle, and the extras, the cost would be over $900.

I am selling it because I am now using a 35-watt Salvo, and don't want to hang onto an extra HID light I won't really use. Thanks!

Rich
Last edited by Diver_C on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Probably a dumb question: is this light dramatically brighter than the Light Canon? I've been very impressed with mine. Can't imagine the need for something brighter. :axe:

Well, I'm sure techies could find a use for one... :smt024
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

If this is the light you dove in december, then this is one bright penetrating light that would still make all buddies envious
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Seth T. wrote:Probably a dumb question: is this light dramatically brighter than the Light Canon? I've been very impressed with mine. Can't imagine the need for something brighter. :axe:

Well, I'm sure techies could find a use for one... :smt024
No comparison.
Celeus
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Celeus »

A friend of mine mounts his Light-Cannon on his camera. He and I have both thought of getting canister lights, but it seems like attaching a lighthead to a camera housing would be an entanglement hazard.

Does anyone do this (Rather, does anyone _wise_ do this)?
-- Celeus
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Celeus wrote:A friend of mine mounts his Light-Cannon on his camera. He and I have both thought of getting canister lights, but it seems like attaching a lighthead to a camera housing would be an entanglement hazard.

Does anyone do this (Rather, does anyone _wise_ do this)?
Yes ... http://www.salvodiving.com/video_lights

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Shameless plug:
Best prices on Salvo Lights around.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

mattwave wrote:Shameless plug:
Salvo makes a great light too - bombproof. :supz:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Celeus
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Celeus »

So, I presume they are mounting both the canister and the lighthead on the camera, which is similar to what I've seen on video.

Or, are people actually strapping the canister to their tank/gear and just putting the lighthead on a camera. I ask, because the issue with the Light Cannon is it's size on the camera, I presume a canister/head will be even larger.

It is relevant to the OP, as this would be a potential application for the 5000C.
-- Celeus
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

:smt119 Yes Shameless! Now that I have a Salvo light thanks to Sounder, I wouldn't consider anything else. I might have to start thinking about upgrading some of the components though. Matt, I'll bring it in one day and we can see what could/should/needs to be done. It actually works perfectly but I worry..... :pale: its my baby!

BTW Rich, I sent this link to my buddy. He needs a light.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

That light shouldn't have any issues - if you were to have issues, Salvo should still be able and willing to fix it. It never failed me even once. Salvo lights rock.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Totally unacceptable! :axe:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Hola from Costa Rica! Monsooon conditions so no diving for BbleMkr and I thus far. : ( We hope this will change.

I have seen light cannons attatched to cameras like a strobe for videotaping. I would not use a can light for this purpose.

Yes, my can light is obviously brighter than a light cannon. At the very least, because of the light-head.

Rich
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Bump bumpidity bump