What does your username represent?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: What does your username represent?

Post by CaptnJack »

Pez7378 wrote:The 7378 is classified, but it's often mistaken for my DOB. I wish!
The number of polygamous wives you have hidden in an Austrian basement?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

WylerBear wrote:Ben,
Thanks for starting this thread. It is really fun.
Thanks Georgia. I'm enjoying it too. :smt038

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:The 7378 is classified.
your ATM PIN number?

(joe, grab his wallet...)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
(joe, grab his wallet...)
(NO Joe, not his :bootyshake:, his WALLET!!) #-o ](*,)
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

airsix wrote:Classified? Hmmmm..... How about... It was 1994 and you were dating this girl. She said she was born in '73, but she was actually born in '78. Since then you've been living under an assumed name, and spending as much time underwater as possible. When you can't be underwater you hide in prison because they'd never think to look there. Did I get it?
No
captjack wrote:The number of polygamous wives you have hidden in an Austrian basement?
Nope
spatman wrote:your ATM PIN number?
and..............No. :evil4:
spatman wrote:(joe, grab his wallet...)
sounder wrote:(NO Joe, not his :bootyshake:, his WALLET!!) #-o ](*,)
NOoooooooo!!

Dammit, NO means NO!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

airsix wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:The 7378 is classified, but it's often mistaken for my DOB. I wish!
Classified? Hmmmm..... How about... It was 1994 and you were dating this girl. She said she was born in '73, but she was actually born in '78. Since then you've been living under an assumed name, and spending as much time underwater as possible. When you can't be underwater you hide in prison because they'd never think to look there. :evil4: Did I get it?

-Ben
=D> =D>

This place never ceases to amaze me...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

lamont wrote:first name.

on BBSes in the 1980s i used to go by either Shadow (due, obviously, to my first name and the radio show), or when that was often taken, The Alaskan Shadow, which just added where I was born + lived at the time.
WOW! Lamont Cranston.... I haven't thought of that since I was a kid. That's so cool...

Mine's fairly straightforward. My name's Scott, I play the sax. I've had a number of screen names over the years, but as I've switched ISPs and whatnot, scottsax has been the one that stuck. I like Revjunior and saxdiver-they're other email accounts I have, but 2 years ago when I signed up, scottsax seemed most representative for me.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

For those who didn't already know, the first message board I joined was a homebrewing board. When I started joining other boards I was too lazy to come up with something new.

SCUBA has cut significantly into my brewing time, but I still brew occasionally. Mmmmm beer.....

Jake
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:For those who didn't already know, the first message board I joined was a homebrewing board. When I started joining other boards I was too lazy to come up with something new.

SCUBA has cut significantly into my brewing time, but I still brew occasionally. Mmmmm beer.....

Jake
(Sounder drools on key board saying "mmmmmmm... beeeeeeeeeeeer") :occasion5:
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Whats can I say. Ken Gustafson kinda says it all
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

the name pretty much says it all, after about 17 years of cooking ive burned myself on top of just healing burns!!
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Burntchef wrote:the name pretty much says it all, after about 17 years of cooking ive burned myself on top of just healing burns!!
well, at least it doesn't mean that you burn the food you serve!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

spatman wrote:
Burntchef wrote:the name pretty much says it all, after about 17 years of cooking ive burned myself on top of just healing burns!!
Yeah, after all, you'll heal, the food won't! :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

spatman wrote:
I was thinking the same. All this time (2 or 3 years?) I was worried about the food! Sorry to hear about your burns, Howard, but now I'm curious about what you're cooking. Well prepared food is like art and music. You have my respect (I can't prepare nuth'n).

I have to share - I met Josh and Howard last year and Josh said "This is burntchef" and I thought he said "birdshaft" and for a week I couldn't figure out what the heck "birdshaft" was supposed to mean. When I got back from my trip and got on the board I realized who I'd met. I hate that. I did the same thing a few weeks ago - PEZ introduced me to CaptnJack and it wasn't until later I realized who I'd met. #-o

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

ROFL! I might just have to change his username to "birdshaft" for a while. I really like that one!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Good thing nobody thought Ben's name was "hairsex!" :sign10: #-o
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Whenever I think of Burntchef, I think of the Swedish Chef on the Muppets. :dontknow: That character CRACKED me up! :supz:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Whenever I think of Burntchef, I think of the Swedish Chef on the Muppets. :dontknow: That character CRACKED me up! :supz:
=D> =D>
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Well, I've had a few names but the one I like best is Zen Diver. To me, diving puts me in that Zen state, peaceful, meditative, one-with-nature etc. I'd wanted to use it on my last forum, but I spaced when putting down my name #-o

-Valerie
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

So, BUZO is a spanish word for diver, not Bucero, which I first thought..... 71 is for my year of birth.... BUZO a tribute to my favorite diving- central/south america
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nwbrewer wrote:For those who didn't already know, the first message board I joined was a homebrewing board. When I started joining other boards I was too lazy to come up with something new.

Jake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:Well, I've had a few names but the one I like best is Zen Diver. To me, diving puts me in that Zen state, peaceful, meditative, one-with-nature etc. I'd wanted to use it on my last forum, but I spaced when putting down my name #-o

-Valerie
So why are you Zen Diver 2 instead of just Zen Diver?

Enquiring minds want to know....
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

So this one is pretty easy to figure out of course,

NW for Northwest, and Scubamom because I have 4 kids, 3 of them also certified to dive about the same time I did 9 years ago. If I remember right, Scubamom was taken, so I threw the NW in front there, and it made it unique enough that I've been using it as a username for many boards through the years.

Now the kids are all pretty much grown and gone, and the youngest is about to leave the nest. :hello2:

And really, now technically, I should be nwscubagrandma, but that just doesn't have the right ring to it!

Here's our crazy family photo we took the other day with all four kids and all four grandkids (I'm the one in the middle with the light blue shirt):
DSC_1630.jpg
Jackie, Val and Georgia - you'll notice that my son next to me stole the Red Croc Society crocs for the photo!! Thief!

- Janna :)

PS: This is a GREAT thread!!
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

airsix wrote:I was thinking the same. All this time (2 or 3 years?) I was worried about the food! Sorry to hear about your burns, Howard, but now I'm curious about what you're cooking. Well prepared food is like art and music. You have my respect (I can't prepare nuth'n).
-Ben

the burns are just part of the job, and ive seen some pretty amazing ones over the years :vom: . my career has taken me from executive dining, to very formal seetings, to tourist traps and all between . the best part of having this kind of background is i can go anywhere in the world and find a job easy. and i love people who cant cook, they keep my gear shed full!!!
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Penopolypants wrote:Oddly enough, my favorite pronunciation of my user name is actually a mispronunciation by my regular dive buddies....Pen-oh-poly-pants.
Wow, that's funny. Had no idea (until I read this) about the mispronunciation... :dontknow: