Club Wednesday/Club Thursday Dive

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Club Wednesday/Club Thursday Dive

Post by Sasquatch »

I'm trying to combine some various Club wisdom scattered throughout the forums and from some brief conversations. Also, a twist.

What do you think about 2 scheduled Club dives per week? Cove 2 as usual on Wednesday afternoons AND Mukilteo on Thursday afternoons. That way I've got the option of two Club dives back to back with a chance to see members at Cove 2 and the north end divers can host the non-north members.

Loose schedule as always but, anyway, here's a lone thread to discuss further.

'Quatch
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I like the idea very much. Weds and Thurs are good dive afternoon/ evenings for me, usually- the wife works both of them, usually.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Good seein ya tonight 'Quatch. I think it's a great idea if we have enough Northerners to make it a regular dive. I won't be able to make the Mukilteo one as frequently, since it's quite a battle getting there in traffic. But, I do like the change of scenery so I'll probably swing by once a month or so when I get that wild hair up my :bootyshake:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'd be in for a regular thursday night dive at mukilteo. Maybe the occasional Diamond Knot dinner afterward..... :partyman:

Next week the tides look good to do the Park.

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/ert/2006-08-17

Who's interested?

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sign me up - I'm into it. I just discovered the diamond knot last weekend- good pub grub!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

So how 'bout it? Anybody up for a first official Mukilteo club meeting this thursday? :salute:
jeff98208
Aquanaut

diving

Post by jeff98208 »

hey quatch. i'm game on thursday afternoon. i regret i can't make the alki dive on wednesday, as i have to do that work thing ](*,)
but i am off on thursday so i can make the mukilteo dive on thursday. later bud!

good day!
jeff :supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
RBD
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by RBD »

Sounds good to me since I am in the Northend! One catch...need to get my own gear.... :supz: ...SOON, I hope!
Last edited by RBD on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounds like we've got three! Anyone else?

It's a small exchange, so diving the T-dock should be no problem. If anybody is comfortable with a little bit of current, doing the park wouldn't be bad either. I'll probably be down there around 4:30 or so. Only doing one tank this week.

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I can't do this week, but I'll be at lots of future Thursday Mukilteo dives, I hope.

thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Can someone explain to me the appeal of the T-Dock? We went on Saturday and weren't too stoked on it ... but we're also newbies who didn't know the site, and I was limiting our depth to 40 feet. I work in Lynnwood, so doing a Thursday evening dive there is appealing location-wise ... but I'm definitely not down with current (or depth) at this stage in my diving.
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

On a day with decent vis, it can be quite a cool dive. If the vis is bad, it's hard to see what all is there. Lots of shools of fish around using it as cover from the bigger fish, lots of starfish and crab hanging out on the pilings. I was there a few months ago, and the bottom was litterally crawling with shrimp. Very cool.

During crab season it's popular because there are lots of "keepers" in the area. It's also about the easiest shore entry I've ever done, and not really current sensative.

There are definately cooler dives around, I like the oil dock better, but it's a Loooooonnnggg surface swim, and I like the park, but you really have to watch the currents if you don't want to wind up in the ferry lane, or down at edmonds, depending on the way the current is running. Plenty of stuff to see shallow though, I spent one dive at the t-dock most of it in 15 fsw, just checking out the critters in the rocks.

Come on out and dive with us thursday, maybe we can point out some cool stuff for ya'. \:D/

Jake
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

thelawgoddess wrote:Can someone explain to me the appeal of the T-Dock? We went on Saturday and weren't too stoked on it ... but we're also newbies who didn't know the site, and I was limiting our depth to 40 feet. I work in Lynnwood, so doing a Thursday evening dive there is appealing location-wise ... but I'm definitely not down with current (or depth) at this stage in my diving.
Yeah, it's got it's points but I guess you have to look for them. If you gather dungies it's great hunting there and you gotta love the proximity to the water from the parking. Also, I love poking around those kelp covered pilings and looking up through the schools of fish, kelp and filtered sunlight.

As far as the depth goes it's easy to stay within 60' or to drop down into the darker water if so inclined. There are two other dive sites within close proximity as well.

Last, but not least, the close proximity to post dive thirst quenching beverages and munchies.

:supz:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

thelawgoddess wrote:Can someone explain to me the appeal of the T-Dock? We went on Saturday and weren't too stoked on it ... but we're also newbies who didn't know the site, and I was limiting our depth to 40 feet. I work in Lynnwood, so doing a Thursday evening dive there is appealing location-wise ... but I'm definitely not down with current (or depth) at this stage in my diving.
I love diving there. But my favorite parts of it are all below 100'. 40' and above has been pea soup every time I've dived there.

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Thursdays

Post by Pez7378 »

I would be up for the Thursday night club dives. Unfortunately This week is not good for me either.

I was at the T-dock yesterday down to about 45fsw. We didn't see much but had a good dive anyway. Spent a lot of time at the pilings on the return swim. Can anyone tell me what the white egg pouches are? They are about 3" long, tapered on both ends and full of eggs.

It sure would be cool to see them hatch whatever they are. :dontknow:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Those would be squid eggs!! =D> Sometimes you can see the squid hangin around, very cool!!
Who run barter town?
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

squid eggs? cool! well, until i take my advanced course, i would really like to stay above 60ft, and i actually feel more comfortable around 40-50 right now. i guess i just need to spend more time getting more acquainted with what's there around the pilings. i definitely remember lots and lots and lots of starfish!
my FLICKR photo sets
jeff98208
Aquanaut

mukeltio

Post by jeff98208 »

not to mention, the angel that was put their as a memorial, and the buddah to the left of the angel about 10' away at a 60' depth. like brewer said, it is one of the easiest shore entrys there is. i like edmonds but hate the way LLLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG surface swim. this also includes the oil dock. well see ya all on thursday. later!

good day!
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Does anybody have a site map of Mukilteo?
H20doctor

thursday

Post by H20doctor »

I am up for a night dive at Mulkilteo on a regular basis..either wed night. or thursday... monday night is also good... I also like to dive edmonds at night also...
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Hey there and welcome to the wet and wonderful world of NW Dive Club! there are a few of us trying to get together for a dive tomorrow, late afternoon/early evening.

Let us know what you look like or what you drive so we know you're there.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

:dontknow:

So who all is in for tommorrow? I will be there around 4:30, is anybody meetin that early? I'll be at the silver cloud with my gear and an al80. I drive a red '01 ford ranger.

Jake
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i am tempted if i could find someone who doesn't want to go out past the pilings ... but it's tough when i don't have all of my own gear yet. ](*,)
my FLICKR photo sets
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LG,

I sent you a pm.

Jake
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Nwbrewer wrote:LG,

I sent you a pm.

Jake
i haven't gotten it yet. i also noticed that a pm i tried to send to someone at 3:26 is still sitting in the outbox (as opposed to moving to the sentbox). :dontknow:

calvin???
my FLICKR photo sets