Lodging thread for October 25-26 T Shirt Club Dive

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
oregondiver
Submariner

Lodging thread for October 25-26 T Shirt Club Dive

Post by oregondiver »

Starting a thread for people who are interested in renting house/condo/motel/hotel/RV spot for the OCTOBER 25-26 CLUB DIVE / T SHIRT weekend...

Here is my initial post
http://www.hoodcanalvacations.com/

Any other three (minimum) sopping wet souls want to rent this with me? HOT TUB!!!!!

Otherwise I can go in on the Bunkhouse at Restawhile RV park. Just if I am diving, wet, cold, cold,cold, wet...then I don't mind paying a bit more for comfort.

The main cabin sleeps 6 (two bedrooms, one pull out sofa) and hot tub. $169 night plus tax, two night min.
The studio sleeps 6 (a bit crowded for a studio?) and only comes with the "hot tub" if we rent both places, otherwise no hot tub. Cost is $109, plus tax, two night min.

I am willing to coordinate renting one of these (or something else) but I would probably want to coordinate payment so folks pay when I pay for the rental so I am not stuck with the bill if peeps back out. Only saying this because I have been there...done that...been burned by some women whitewater kayakers. grrrrr (do I still sound bitter?!?!?)
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
rjarnold
Submariner

Re: Lodging thread for October 25-26 T Shirt Club Dive

Post by rjarnold »

As mentioned in the previous thread, will take a spot for me and my husband. :) Would prefer the main cabin (looks nicer, great view from the hot tub!). I think that means we could fit 4 people if the other two are singles...
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Unless I can find somewhere for my husband to whitewater kayak nearby, I will probably be solo. That leaves one other large bed for a couple (or two really friendly friends). :smt064
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I will run it by cuppie, but i wonder if we should try and fill the main cabin and the studio and see if this could be a rocking club sleep over time \:D/
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I will take a spot. Are you all thinking Friday and Saturday nights?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Maverick wrote:I will run it by cuppie, but i wonder if we should try and fill the main cabin and the studio and see if this could be a rocking club sleep over time \:D/
Mav, Just let me know. If you guys are in, then I will call and book the main cabin. And I will see if they will let me put a tentative reservation on the studio in case anyone else from the group has enough people to rent that one. Or if they will offer a discount if we rent both. :supz:

Scott, if a few more people want to rent, then y'all could rent the studio. Yes, it would be for two nights because that is their required minimum. At least for this location. Some places such as a hotel will not require a two night reservation.

I plan on getting up there around 6-7pm and getting a Friday afternoon/evening dive in before the festivities start on Saturday (when the hard core peeps show up). Wonder what the biolum is like this time of year?
Shell

oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Can everyone let me know/confirm they are in on the rental of the cabin? I would like to book it this weekend if possible.
On the other thread, someone wrote they are renting the Bunk House. So I didn't know if people would rather stay at the bunkhouse or if they still wanted the cabin (with hot tub!!!).

Cost per person is in the $62-80 range for entire weekend if we rent the Cabin. No idea what the bunkhouse cost would be (I am sure much cheaper, but not hot tub. doh!)

So...just reply to this post, or PM me so I know we have a minimum of 5 people (max of 6) to rent it.
And be prepared to help me put my new bp/w together Friday night. \:D/

The owner told me the Cabin is 2 min drive from Sund Rock, or 1/5th mile from Octopus Hole. And there is diving off the house, he said he had two octo's living on/near his mooring bouy last year...but said there isn't that much to see, however I call a "local" octo pretty cool.

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

oregondiver wrote:Can everyone let me know/confirm they are in on the rental of the cabin? I would like to book it this weekend if possible.
On the other thread, someone wrote they are renting the Bunk House. So I didn't know if people would rather stay at the bunkhouse or if they still wanted the cabin (with hot tub!!!).

Cost per person is in the $62-80 range for entire weekend if we rent the Cabin. No idea what the bunkhouse cost would be (I am sure much cheaper, but not hot tub. doh!)

So...just reply to this post, or PM me so I know we have a minimum of 5 people (max of 6) to rent it.
And be prepared to help me put my new bp/w together Friday night. \:D/

The owner told me the Cabin is 2 min drive from Sund Rock, or 1/5th mile from Octopus Hole. And there is diving off the house, he said he had two octo's living on/near his mooring bouy last year...but said there isn't that much to see, however I call a "local" octo pretty cool.
Greg and I are still in for a bed. :)
Lophiiformes rock.

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

There are only three 'beds' though right? So if there are more than 4 (including me and Greg if that's still alright), than you and/or someone else would be sharing the other correct?
Lophiiformes rock.

oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Yes, there are only 3 beds.

If you want to share with your other person (heck, I don't even know what your name is :) ) then that leaves 2 beds.

Scott is in and he said SHeri is probably in.

So I am waiting for confirmation that Sheri is in and that she is either comfortable sharing a bed with Scott, or with me. I am pretty certain my husband won't let me share a bed with another guy unless it was my best man in which case that is similar to a enuch. hahaha

So once I get confirmation on Sheri, I will go book the main cabin. Once booked, I will send you a PM about money.

I am super stoked for this dive trip. my only regret is that the car I bought on Sunday broke down within 5 minutes of purchase and so it probably wont' be safe enough to drive up to the Hood Canal that weekend. Darn 1967 Morris Minors named Olive. :)

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Great! I'm super stoked about this trip too! :)

Oh, my name is Rachel. My husband's name is Greg =D
Lophiiformes rock.

Sheri
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sheri »

Count me in for wherever i can grab a spot. (Sorry for the late post..) I was envisioning roughing it a lot more when this overnight thing was first posted, so the thought of even a corner of a bed in the cabin is sounding darned fine to me. Depending on when we're able to take off from Seattle Friday, I might be interested in joining in on that Friday night dive. Thanks for pulling this together!
"Dude... When your IQ gets to 50, SELL!" - Grateful Diver
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Has every one already made deposits on this lodging thread?

I just got a call from my buddy and he has his house available and it is huge sleep ten people in bunks, some private and has a huge 10 person hot tub,. a grill with enough room for 100 burgers (gas), and come with 30 air fills and has a few privat rooms in the house as well as a dive rinse area and huge paking lot and diving right in front of the house with resident octos and great night diving. I was hoping all would be interested but if it is to late i understand.
BJ
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

I don't think so, but oregondiver may have already charged it...
Lophiiformes rock.

oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Nope, I have not booked yet even though I meant to have it all done by now. ](*,)

So I think Mav is referring to the Yellow House?

I can go either way. Mav's suggestion has two bedrooms (rachel/Greg and Mav/cuppie each would get one). ANd the rest of us would be sharing bunk beds with a privacy curtain around each two bunks (ergo a bunk bed).

So, less privacy (for us in the bunks), but set up more for a diving house (drying/staging area). It has a hot tub as well, that you have a view of the backyard area when in the hot tub.

The house rental that Mav suggested: Cost for a bed in a bunk is $90 for the weekend and includes two air fills. Cost for a bedroom is $200 (two people per bedroom).

If we did rental cabin (hoodcanalvacation.com) with Shell/Scott/Rachel/Greg & Sheri then cost per person would be $75 for the weekend. No airfills included. And your view off the hot tub is the Puget Sound.

So cost wise, they are approx the same. Yellow House is walking distance to Hoodsport N Dive and you can dive off the back deck. The Cabin is much closer to Sund Rock, 1/5th mile from Octo Hole and you can also dive off the back.

Rachel/Sheri/Scott, I will PM you and see what the consensus is. I can go either way.

oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

The consensus seems to be the Yellow House rental that Mav talked about.
I know Mav/Cuppie got one bedroom. Maybe Rachel/Greg might take the other bedroom.

THe rest of us are in bunks. $90 per person for a bed for the weekend, including two air fills. Maybe I will tak Friday off work and get some extra diving in. \:D/

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

oregondiver wrote:The consensus seems to be the Yellow House rental that Mav talked about.
I know Mav/Cuppie got one bedroom. Maybe Rachel/Greg might take the other bedroom.

THe rest of us are in bunks. $90 per person for a bed for the weekend, including two air fills. Maybe I will tak Friday off work and get some extra diving in. \:D/

There are Actually three rooms, Mav/Cuppie and greg/Rachel, still one room open for couples. and the bunks are sweet, no worries guys. this house is totally diver friendly and has the perfect set up. I am going to be there this weekend so maybe i will try to snap some pics to post.
Mav
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Time to start filling spots guys.

Scuba Girl-bunk
Mav/cuppie-room
Greg/rachel-room
Shell? is your man coming, you want a bunk or room?

Who else come on guys lets get this party started :partyman:
Maverick

STAIRS.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

The boy just said he is in. He will bring his boat and try to find some white water up there, or just go for a hike and take pictures.

So yea, count us in for the last bedroom. Sweet!

Scubagirl, we are probably coming up early Friday so I will be able to get some dives in with you on Friday day....

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Time to start filling spots guys.

Scuba Girl-bunk
Mav/cuppie-room
Greg/rachel-room
Shell/Hubby-room
Lots o bunks to go
Who else come on guys lets get this party started
Maverick

STAIRS.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Scuba Girl-bunk
Mav/cuppie-room
Greg/rachel-room
Shell/Hubby-room

Scott-bunk
Sheri-bunk
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

Scuba Girl-bunk
Mav/cuppie-room
Greg/rachel-room
Shell/Hubby-room

Scott-bunk
Sheri-bunk
Kate - bunk
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Kalatin wrote:Scuba Girl-bunk
Mav/cuppie-room
Greg/rachel-room
Shell/Hubby-room

Scott-bunk
Sheri-bunk
Kate - bunk
I think I need to give the boy a name or peeps will start to think he is a figment of my imagination...Jim
But you can call us The Funks...since we seem to be a bit off kilter and funky anyway. :rr:

I am still trying to talk a few friends into coming. How many bunks are there?

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

So is it still $200 for a room (not a bunk) for the weekend?
Lophiiformes rock.

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

rjarnold wrote:So is it still $200 for a room (not a bunk) for the weekend?
Yup, so here is what we have

Mav/cuppie-room
Greg/rachel-room
Shell/Hubby-room

ScubaGirl-bunk
Scott-bunk
Sheri-bunk
Kate - bunk

We have ten bunks, 6 to go.
Maverick

STAIRS.