Club Wednesday/Club Thursday Dive

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Nwbrewer wrote::dontknow:

So who all is in for tommorrow? I will be there around 4:30, is anybody meetin that early? I'll be at the silver cloud with my gear and an al80. I drive a red '01 ford ranger.

Jake
the big bosses are out of town, so i could probably pull this off. actually, if i'm going to drive all the way over to kenmore to get rental gear and tanks, it'd be cool to get two dives out of the trek. any chance you or someone else could be there even earlier so i could pull two dives off before dark? (since i'm a new diver, i'm limited to "shallow" daytime dives.) i tend to get turnaround-cold 30-40 minutes into the dive depending on the depth. (i generally get too cold before i would hit my turnaround pressure.) send me a pm and let me know. i am going to pack my gear in the morning and plan to dive, so hopefully someone won't mind puttering around with me for a bit. :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I can't make it early but possibly after 6. Have to get tank filled, etc. Had some unexpected life complications that put me off my schedule.

So are we meeting at the park or T dock?

If I miss you folks please post a dive report!

Sea ya! :salute:

Sasquatch
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

hey, i guess you did miss us, sasquatch. nwbrewer and i had a nice leisurely dive. that was my first dive outside of class with someone other than my usual significant buddy. i am generally fairly methodical (some might say anal - like an accountant easily can be), and i could tell diving with a new person threw me off from my usual pre-dive "routine". (i hope that didn't freak nwbrewer out too much!) i found the dive itself pretty relaxing, though, and i'd like to thank nwbrewer for keeping a close eye on me - not leaving me in the dust, and making me feel safe. (thanks, nwbrewer! :supz:) we saw lots of crab. i don't know much about crab, so i couldn't tell you what kind. i also noticed quite a few fish i hadn't seen before (or at least hadn't noticed). and i also don't know much about fish, so i couldn't tell you what they were either. ](*,) saw some other things that were fish-like.

and ... perhaps coolest of all for this dive ... we saw those squid egg capsules/pods/membranes/blobs! :smt038
my FLICKR photo sets
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Cool!

Post by Pez7378 »

Maybe someone can tell us when those eggs are expected to hatch??

Sounds like you had a good dive. I have a hard time identifying the different fish too. Whenever someone says " hey what do you see down there" I tell them I see fish. I've been looking up the different critters I see so that I can name them.

So far I've seen Pacific Great Skate (very big), Octo, shrimp, sole, decorated warbonnet, Hooded nudi, and FISH!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

yeah; does anybody know when they might hatch? i would love to see that!!!
my FLICKR photo sets
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sorry we missed you Squatch. We had a good dive. Vis was ok but not great. LG you did great for only your 3rd dive or so out of OW. I'll dive with ya anytime.

I missed out last week cause I had family in town, this week I seem to have developed a cold, and will be most unfortunately dry, ](*,) but I'd like to try and get a group again next thursday.

Last week I did take a day to get out to EUP and snorkel around a bit. Tons of Nudi everywhere. Came accross a massive moonsnail on the swim (wade?) back to shore. For anybody who hasn't seen Nudibrachi I'd suggest heading to the park, they are very cool to see.

Jake
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

thanks, nwbrewer. glad i didn't scare you off! :-) there are definitely a ton of the hooded nudi at EUP - i saw them on our surface swim back on saturday, in the eel grass like everyone said. i figured out i didn't have enough weight on, though, because i couldn't drop down at all to try to get a picture or two. (that was frustrating!)

we went to the MUK T-DOCK afterwards and i found some of the squid eggs - still unhatched.

my FLICKR photo sets
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Just want to tip you that Mukilteo has been awesome. Maybe even really awesome. Viz last night was 30 to 35' and from 65' I looked up and could see the surface. This morning, just after high slack, the viz was a little less but just as many fish and other critters including some salmon species and a young seal that startled the heck out of me.

There were NO other divers in the lot or in the water. Pretty sweet. Sea you there!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nice pic TLG, is that a shot of yours? =D>
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

yep; that was mine. i really miss having my camera. not only did i drown two of them in a row, though ... but both of the drowned cameras *and* the faulty underwater housing (all of which i was about to send back to canon) got stolen! ](*,) :crybaby:

btw, i haven't been able to dive for over two weeks, so i might like to hit up mukilteo this week if anybody's interested. right now monday looks like it will be my only free evening ...
my FLICKR photo sets
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Now I call that a string of bad luck. I'm sorry to hear that! I'll be out of town this weekend, but next Wed is looking the most likely for me. Sorry we haven't been able to connect since that crazy ride (for me) in the Green Machine.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Give me a w... W
Give me a e... E
Give me a d... D
Give me a n... N
Give me a e... E
Give me a s... S
Give me a d... D
Give me a a... A
Give me a y... Y

What's that spell? WEDNESDAY - YEAH WEDNESDAY DIVING!!!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm diving the T-dock 4:15 tongight, hopefully the vis is as good as Squatch claims!

Jake
jeff98208
Aquanaut

diving

Post by jeff98208 »

i'm game for a monday dive at the t dock goddess. just name the time. later!

good day!
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!