The non diveing divers sociaty

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

The non diveing divers sociaty

Post by Dusty2 »

I joined the non diving group this weekend and it's driving me crazy reading all the dive reports and looking at the pix I didn't take. :angryfire: :angryfire: I managed to tweak a nerve in my back a couple of weeks ago that is making the muscles in my ribs on the right side spasm and it finally made me take a trip to the chiropractor who naturally said no to the boat dive we were planning for this morning so I have been sitting around all day bored as hell and wishing I was diving.

What the heck did I do before there was diving???
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Re: The non diveing divers sociaty

Post by BigFameOne »

It is tough, NWDC has been a savior I haven't been allowed in the water since Oct 7th and it has been tough. Thank god for the people willing to put up with the fact that I pretty much talk about nothing but diving and the fact that people like Sounder, Sock Monkey, MattWave, and Spatman are willing to put up with me. A few of them even quiz me with rock bottom, MOD, and RMV math to keep me busy. I am about a week from jumping in the water and on the one hand I am really excited but on the other hand I have waited patiently this long, I can wait this last part out.

Good luck Dusty.
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Hi, Dusty!

Sorry to hear that you've joined the "club". I've been a member of it for a few months now, and I've had to cancel several dive trips. Trust me - I know how bad it sucks! :angryfire:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
60south
Pelagic

Re: The non diving divers society

Post by 60south »

Dusty,

Dood! I was starting to wonder where you were -- I thought it was just bad tides keeping you away. Heal up and get back in! The only thing keeping me from the water is that evil word "work". Ugh.

Today I was feeling like the usual sites are getting worn-out. I think I'll bug Kim about pioneering some new places again; not sure where.

g
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Dusty,
Hope you don't have to be out too long. I was just forced to the sidelines for about 6 weeks and it drove me (& my wife) absolutely nuts.
Good luck. Hope the back feels better real soon.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Thanks guys, I am confident this won't last to long. I won't let it. I have been diving with it for a couple of weeks but finally surrendered after two dives wed. at Redondo. I thought maybe I had somehow broken a rib but the X-rays came out good so I just need to get that vertebra back into place so I can breath again.

It really sucks that the club has so many members lately. I know all of you are chafing to get back out there. Diving is definitely an anti depressant and also the best all around medicine for what ails ya. Not only that but not diving gives you too much time to find all the other parts that hurt. ](*,) ](*,)
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Dusty...
So sorry to hear about your back pain...and being out of the water.
Remember, I suffered this for about a onth a couple of months back!!!
It sucked, it was awful, it hurt every which way...
Finally I am hoping I am better!!!!
Lets go diving when you are back in the water!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Scubak wrote:Dusty...
So sorry to hear about your back pain...and being out of the water.
Remember, I suffered this for about a onth a couple of months back!!!
It sucked, it was awful, it hurt every which way...
Finally I am hoping I am better!!!!
Lets go diving when you are back in the water!
Kirsten
Anytime you make it to the south end or Port Townsend
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

I feel your pain Dusty. I am hopefully preparing to resign my membership in this particular club sometime this week, as long as the doc gives me the go-ahead. After about 7 weeks, the shakes from nitrogen withdrawal are pretty much gone, but I am still itching to get in the water. Feel better soon!
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Hey Dusty,
I miss your pictures! Get well very soon so I can dive vicariously through you \:D/ As you know, we're out here in Maryland. We thought we'd check out the east coast, and especially Chesapeake Bay, and see what the diving is like over here. Well, there ain't squat. We haven't been in so much as a pool since we got here. I've been out of the water so long the webs on my fingers are starting to recede. I'm glad other folks are diving and posting pictures, but I especially like yours. So take care of that back, get it healed up, and get back in the Sound.

Lord, I miss Puget Sound........................................
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I guess I'm an unoficial part time member due to my back, it sucks to get old..... :-({|=
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

TCWestby wrote:I guess I'm an unoficial part time member due to my back, it sucks to get old..... :-({|=
I second that! I watched from shore while everyone else dived today at TTN. The company was good but not diving isn't :angryfire: