Possession Point Fingers from shore?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Chevayea
Compulsive Diver

Possession Point Fingers from shore?

Post by Chevayea »

Can anyone tell me if this is now accessible from shore? I heard that you can now get down there to drop off your gear. I've only ever been there from boat but from a google map it looks like you can get there from shore. Any help?
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Possession Point Fingers from shore?

Post by renoun »

I know that Marker Buoy Dive Club has been out the the park there a couple of times now. Perhaps Fritz will chime in with the details. I missed both the trips out there.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Chevayea
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chevayea »

That would be great. Anyone know the name of the park there?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I think it's called possession beach waterfront park and apparently there's a boat launch there too. If I'm not mistaken the fingers are straight out from the last house on the point which would make it a 1/4 mile walk/swim from the park. If the beach is privately owned more likely a swim.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:I think it's called possession beach waterfront park and apparently there's a boat launch there too. If I'm not mistaken the fingers are straight out from the last house on the point which would make it a 1/4 mile walk/swim from the park. If the beach is privately owned more likely a swim.
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource. ... ug=4020417
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Possession Beach park and Possesiion Point State park ar two different shore dives. You can drive down tot he boat launch at the Possession Beach park, unload your gear and then park on the upper parking lot. The Possession Point State park is the one you will need to contact beforehand if you want to drive down, unload and park way up in the parking lot. The Fingers, which have more interesting underwater terrain is accessible only from the state park. The Possession Beach is only mostly sand and some sea pens.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

FWIW here's an update. Jake and I scootered the fingers today from Possession beach park (where the boat launch is). The run out was about 0.3 miles. We had a pretty stiff current helping us on the way out. On the way back we definitely needed top gear to make much headway. Runtime was about one hour. I would definitely not recomend trying to swim it from there. Great site, great viz today. I gotta get back there more often. I'm sure Jake will be posting a trip report with some pics soon.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith