hey all! I'm a new diver, and new to the forum.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
spatz84
Aquaphile

hey all! I'm a new diver, and new to the forum.

Post by spatz84 »

Hello evrybody! I'm a new diver, got OW certification back in January 09. I started diving the local spots, Seacrest, Edmounds, Mulketio, and Hat Island. and then I was promptly hit by a car while ridding my bicycle and was out of action for awhile. then had to travel to Japan for a vacation-event and I'm just now getting back in the 'swish' of things so to speak. I live in monroe. I went to mulketio and some of the folks there recommended this site to me so I thought I'd come check it out.

I have about 20 dives counting the OW dives I did in mexico through the hotel 'fast track' dealio! ( pre- OW Cert.) I got my PADI OW cert. And I'm fully geared up, well to begin anyways. there always seems to be something more to get on my ever growing dive wish list! anyways I'm hoping to be able to hook up with people to do some diving with and from what Ive read this seems to be a good place to do just that. ... so anyways, thats me! :partydance:
Gooch
Submariner

Re: hey all! I'm a new diver, and new to the forum.

Post by Gooch »

Welcome to the club! Lots of good folks here that can get you diving regular.
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Welcome to the club. My wife and I are new divers and new to the forum. This is the place to go to find dive buddies. I did my first MMM Dive last night and had a blast. :thankyouyellow:
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome, spatz84! I live in Woodinville, and one of my pleasures is diving with new divers. What's your time availability like?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll find many friends here to share your enthusiasm with both here online and diving together. In fact I would say NWDC is my favorite piece of dive equipment. My diving universe basically orbits this club as it has provided me with friends, instructors, equipment, site information... pretty much everything.

-Ben

ps - Take Lynne (LCF) up on her offer. She is a top-notch mentor/friend/divebuddy. Also, keep in touch with that Mukelteo group you met. If they're who I think they are you struck gold there too.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Diving tomorrow night 6:30 splash if your interested.

Mukilteo

Send me a PM or email me at ricknorris@gmail.com
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to the Dive Club! :eric:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Welcome! if you ever feel like diving keystone on whidbey island or anywhere on the island you can give me a holler (or just pm me) and we can go dive that sob like nobodies business
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome to the NWDC.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome to NWDC! Be sure to check ou the Monday Mukilteo Madness threads in the dive planning section. A group of us get together there every monday for a couple of dives in the sound and one at the diamond knot (brewery). Unfortunately I'm currently restricted to the third dive due to an accident of my own, but there are lots of other divers there all the time.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

hey all, thanks for the warm welcome! the referrals are all proving true! I am definitly going to do the mulkletio maddness dives. I will probably have to stick to the 4:00 pm splash times. I have to pick my daughter up at her day care in monroe at 6:00 pm. :ballandchain: I'll probably be tyring to get a whole night in here and there anyways. I guess I will have to move 'dive light' up a peg or two on wish list if I'm going to do that.

Hey LCF (or anyone else), since I work at night I have alot of time during the week days, if you or someone else you know has those same times maybe we can work some dives in?
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Check with BASSMAN he dives Thursdays, I think EVERY Thursday during the day.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

spatz84 wrote:Hey LCF (or anyone else), since I work at night I have alot of time during the week days, if you or someone else you know has those same times maybe we can work some dives in?
I can probably do something during the day too since work is kind of sparse right now. I frequent the Mukelto Mondays so we may meet there. If not just send me a PM and we can go hit a North end site together.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

thanks I will keep an eye open for you at MMM and probably pm you for some week dives

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to NWDC!!!

As I'm sure you've figured out by now, if you need dive buddies this is the place to find them!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Welcome. FROM OREGON! Ha Ha Ha Ha!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Spatz!
Yes, this is the place to be if you want to dive .
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

SPatzzzzz Dude! Glad you found your way here!

Your membership even came with a free club sticker - I didn't get that deal when I signed up.
I think you do need to go diving with Ross, somehow I think you will have something in common. Hmmm.

For scoop on inside jokes, Ask Mr. Spatz, He's a nice guy, and a pretty good dive buddy for a measly 20 dives.
=D>

S'Mike
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.