Almost Live on YouTube

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Almost Live on YouTube

Post by renoun »

I just came across a bunch of classicAlmost Live shows on YouTube. There are some of great bits like Ballard Driving Academy that weren't all that far from reality at the time. Of course there are some of the silly acts like Bill Nye as Speed Walker or the High Five'n White Guys. Too bad Belo bought King, killed Almost Live. It was one of the best locally produced shows.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Almost Live on YouTube

Post by ljjames »

renoun wrote:I just came across a bunch of classicAlmost Live shows on YouTube. There are some of great bits like Ballard Driving Academy that weren't all that far from reality at the time. Of course there are some of the silly acts like Bill Nye as Speed Walker or the High Five'n White Guys. Too bad Belo bought King, killed Almost Live. It was one of the best locally produced shows.

LOL! a little bit of local diving trivia, Parker, of Parker and Eric's scuba page, AKA Diving the Northwest, was on the high five'n white guys.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

We were able to watch these on Channel 11 in Moscow. Even though I didn't know the Seattle neighborhoods at the time, we still thought they were damn funny. COPS in Kent was a fave ("I'm sorry, your hair needs to be teased another 2" to be legal") as well as The Lame List and Billy Kwon. Fun stuff.
Kelly
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

ktb wrote:We were able to watch these on Channel 11 in Moscow. Even though I didn't know the Seattle neighborhoods at the time, we still thought they were damn funny. COPS in Kent was a fave ("I'm sorry, your hair needs to be teased another 2" to be legal") as well as The Lame List and Billy Kwon. Fun stuff.
When did you live in the Soviet Union? :evil4:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

cardiver wrote:
ktb wrote:We were able to watch these on Channel 11 in Moscow. Even though I didn't know the Seattle neighborhoods at the time, we still thought they were damn funny. COPS in Kent was a fave ("I'm sorry, your hair needs to be teased another 2" to be legal") as well as The Lame List and Billy Kwon. Fun stuff.
Oh you're funny.

Didn't you hear the UI Vandals won a bowl game this year? We were on national tv, dammit. \:D/
Kelly
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

ktb wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Oh you're funny.

Didn't you hear the UI Vandals won a bowl game this year? We were on national tv, dammit. \:D/
I watched that game. Are you diving on Thursday?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

For those of you on FB

It sounds like the shows are coming out on DVD.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com