Project in progress ruined by do-gooder with dive knife

General banter about diving and why we love it.
mkmc
Avid Diver

Post by mkmc »

This is basically an open letter in an attempt to find a person who may or may not frequent this forum (it's a long shot). But today (7/16) a project of mine and several other people was set adrift by someone with a dive knife. What it was and were it happened are not important because they will know who they are.
I am not angry but am disappointed and I have some questions in an attempt to get some equipment back to me. So if it was you or if it was your buddy please PM me.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Project in progress ruined by do-gooder with dive knife

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well, it wasn't me. I've been in Albuquerque for the last week, and I have witnesses. But I am curious as to what you're talking about.....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

I'm not
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you get your questions answered.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

What was the project?
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I'm curious as well about your "project" and your 'equipment". Can you be a bit more specific?
K
"Let's go diving!"
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Scubak wrote:I'm curious as well about your "project" and your 'equipment". Can you be a bit more specific?
K
Creative cap on.....what if what was cut loose was an underwater crack dealing house, and this guy was pissed because his work is gone.....crazy thinking cap off
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I can think of several more plausible projects ... some borderline or across the line of legal (poaching, for example).

Not saying this had anything to do with that, but contemplate the fact that all those divers out there dropping garbage into popular dive sites consider those things "projects" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Yo Poster !!!! Why post here if you not going to answer questions ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

I say forget about it. Unless he is going to explain things, why should anyone worry about it? This is like posting

"I had a bad day because of that one thing that one person did to my other thing. You know who you are"......
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

WASP7000 wrote:....This is like posting "I had a bad day because of that one thing that one person did to my other thing. You know who you are"......
:angry: Damn, how did you find out about that?!! :angry:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

The OP's previous posts have primarily been regarding projects at BHUT. I'm assuming he/she volunteers there.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

mz53480 wrote:
WASP7000 wrote:....This is like posting "I had a bad day because of that one thing that one person did to my other thing. You know who you are"......
Oh, I think you know perfectly well how he found out about that. If YOU hadn't told that one guy over at that place that one time, he probably wouldn't have told all those other people at that thing about you-know-what.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Joshua Smith wrote:
mz53480 wrote:
Oh, I think you know perfectly well how he found out about that. If YOU hadn't told that one guy over at that place that one time, he probably wouldn't have told all those other people at that thing about you-know-what.
Yeah, ok. That's right, I remember now.
Which reminds me, I still owe YOU for all those hot dogs and other stuff at the place where the thing was happening.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

You leave my Hot dogs out of this !! and my 23 % trox blend
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

mkmc wrote:Hi,

I can say a little on the subject as I work with Bruce and the crew regularly. It is very rewarding to see something that you have help to create being used by sea life after a couple weeks or months, especially a fish nest. I extend the invitation to anyone that is interested to meet at the Edmonds Underwater Sports at 9:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays to pitch in.
:smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: