Dive Knife found at T-Dock

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Dive Knife found at T-Dock

Post by MorningDiverBob »

Tuesday 12/21, Anyone know owner lost a knife. I may return it to owner if right description.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
edm81363
Aquaphile

Re: Dive Knife found at T-Dock

Post by edm81363 »

I saw Steve King there on Sunday and he said he had lost a knife there. I'll send him a link to your post...
-Ed in Mill Creek
OW, AOW, Boat, Deep, EANx, CPR, First Aid, O2, Rescue, HSA, DM
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

Was it stabbed into the sand? I got in after Steve left & did a long dive. I found a knife but it was of poor quality including the word china on one side & looked more like a steak knife. Without a sheath to put it in, It wasnt worth risking a whole in my new drysuit & I had more dive to do so I stabbed it into the sand & left it. I figured if it was wanted badly enough some one would come after it.
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

dieseldude wrote:Was it stabbed into the sand? I got in after Steve left & did a long dive. I found a knife but it was of poor quality including the word china on one side & looked more like a steak knife. Without a sheath to put it in, It wasnt worth risking a whole in my new drysuit & I had more dive to do so I stabbed it into the sand & left it. I figured if it was wanted badly enough some one would come after it.
MJ

Mike that description sounds like a DIR knife. . . :pirate:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

Maverick wrote:
dieseldude wrote:Was it stabbed into the sand? I got in after Steve left & did a long dive. I found a knife but it was of poor quality including the word china on one side & looked more like a steak knife. Without a sheath to put it in, It wasnt worth risking a whole in my new drysuit & I had more dive to do so I stabbed it into the sand & left it. I figured if it was wanted badly enough some one would come after it.
MJ

Mike that description sounds like a DIR knife. . . :pirate:
My humble apologies if I offend. Figures a rule breaking renegade slacker like me would not recognize quality when he sees it. Maybe next time I will tie it off to an smb & come back for it after my deco. Of course if I did deco propperly I'd be sitting still watching a movie on my Ipod instead of cruising around at a steady depth looking for more critters to survey & take pictures of. Not to worry though, I'll grow up someday :smt064
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

I also found a knife - in good condition - near the old fuel pier. I'd be glad to return it to the owner. I know it's not Steve King's knife. - Curt
Happy to be alive.
edm81363
Aquaphile

Post by edm81363 »

Got this reply from Steve that he asked me to post here;

Tell MJ (dieseldude) that he was absolutely right that it was a piece of sh** and I loved his post about deco
-Ed in Mill Creek
OW, AOW, Boat, Deep, EANx, CPR, First Aid, O2, Rescue, HSA, DM