Greetings from Madras Or.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
divingnomad
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Greetings from Madras Or.

Post by divingnomad »

Hello to all Im new to this site and to the area I live in Madras Or. I got my open water certification in Santa Rosa CA. and have dove in that area. I haven't been able to dive for several mounths and I really want to get back into the water. I hope I can find a group that dives in the area that I can join up and get wet with.
Gooch
Submariner

Re: Greetings from Madras Or.

Post by Gooch »

Welcome to the group! I'm not sure about shops or groups in Bend/Madras/Redmond- there are some good shops in Salem and the Portland/Vancouver area that you can find guys going diving pretty regular. I'll send ya some links- I'm in Vancouver, WA

One of these days I want to dive the Deshutes down by a spot my friends fishing.....
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome to NWDC! I love the Redmond/Madras area, and hiking up the Metolius on the back of Three Fingered Jack -- haven't been there in altogether too long. And I grew up in Santa Rosa -- where did you do your certification dives?

I don't know about Portland, but airsix here on the board is in the TriCities, and I know he and friends dive in the river.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Welcome Nomad!
There's a bunch of pretty active divers just over the hill from you in Salem using Salem Scuba as our LDS. http://www.salemscuba.com/
There's usually a couple opportunities a month to travel up to the Sound or one of our mud holes on the Oregon coast. We also do dives in Clear lake (300' vis - but 35 degrees) on top of the Santiam pass and drift dives below Detroit.

Join in the fun - :partyman:

Ron
Cheers!

Ron