Hey lurker

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Hey lurker

Post by H20doctor »

Why do you lurk ? Why not post and tell us about your diving?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Hey lurker

Post by H20doctor »

9 views from lurkers..... I see you.. Jake sully
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Most of the time I just don't have anything to say/add to the discussion. Someone wise once said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

4ster wrote:Someone wise once said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". S
Doc has most definitely never heard that one before. :taco:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

4ster wrote: Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

4ster wrote:Someone wise once said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". S
Hmmmm...exact opposite of my quote...
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... I think in some ways most of us are outside the norm ... "normal" is way overrated anyway ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

4ster wrote:Most of the time I just don't have anything to say/add to the discussion. Someone wise once said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
i don't find NWDC to be that different than most other sites on the internet. in fact, it's better than many because a lot of us know each other.

i have asked and said plenty of things on this site that may have been considered foolish or at the very least naive. but as a result, i learned a lot, met a large group of divers who helped and taught me, and who i now happily call friends.

nothing ventured, nothing gained.
seaphilia
Avid Diver

Post by seaphilia »

Dove the EUP park on Sunday, 1.5 hour dive, never made it pass 30', came back with over 1500 psi in a HP80 because I had to pee. BTW, the tubesnouts are breeding.

WARNING: Sarcasm to follow

But I am a horrible diver and will probably die eventually because, I didn't calculate my SAC rate, use the rule of thirds, or have a pony bottle, and once my buddy was 10 feet away at the edge of the vis.

END of Sarcasm

That's why
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Hey lurker

Post by airsix »

4ster wrote:...Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
Huh? This is the most wonderfully abnormal community I've ever met! And I say that with sincerity. Normal is uninteresting. Normal never does anything exciting or memorable. Normal never makes you question what you think you know. I have very little interest in normal. This place on the other hand is fantastic.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Well, I'm totaly NOT going to die because all MY gear is black and I have a long hose thingy.

:neener:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

seaphilia wrote:Dove the EUP park on Sunday, 1.5 hour dive, never made it pass 30', came back with over 1500 psi in a HP80 because I had to pee. BTW, the tubesnouts are breeding.

But I am a horrible diver and will probably die eventually because, I didn't calculate my SAC rate, use the rule of thirds, or have a pony bottle, and once my buddy was 10 feet away at the edge of the vis.

END of Sarcasm

That's why

Heh. :joshsmith:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Geek wrote: I have a long hose thingy.

Obligatory T(not)WSS
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

a fool once said, It is better to eat bacon.. Than to never eat bacon at all.. With sharks with lasers!!!! Thank you for sharing, the EUP dive..
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

airsix wrote:
4ster wrote:...Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
Huh? This is the most wonderfully abnormal community I've ever met! And I say that with sincerity. Normal is uninteresting. Normal never does anything exciting or memorable. Normal never makes you question what you think you know. I have very little interest in normal. This place on the other hand is fantastic.

Why thank you!! I finally get to use an Airsix quote!! :taco: :taco: :taco:
Kelly
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

seaphilia wrote:Dove the EUP park on Sunday, 1.5 hour dive, never made it pass 30', came back with over 1500 psi in a HP80 because I had to pee. BTW, the tubesnouts are breeding.

END of Sarcasm

That's why
Hey see ... we have a lot in common. I once did a dive at EUP with Josh ... the rebreather guy. And both of us didn't die, despite the fact that I had a long hose and he had one of those silly corrugated things with hoses sticking out both sides. Somebody asked me what I'd do if one of us had an OOA emergency. I told 'em we'd stand up.

Dude, we're like a PEMCO commercial for divers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Grateful Diver wrote: Somebody asked me what I'd do if one of us had an OOA emergency. I told 'em we'd stand up.

Dude, we're like a PEMCO commercial for divers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:notworthy:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

4ster wrote:Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
Some of the people on here are far, far weirder than you might think. I understand what you mean, though. Just sorry you feel that way.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Grateful Diver wrote: Somebody asked me what I'd do if one of us had an OOA emergency. I told 'em we'd stand up.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
i LoL'd
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Joshua Smith wrote:
4ster wrote:Since this board has a low tolerance for individuals outside the norm...
Some of the people on here are far, far weirder than you might think.

You have No idea about NWbrewer... :la: :bootyshake: :jason:
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

My excuse is... I catn tpye and think at the smae timr :pirate:
Got Water?
vlad
Aquaphile

Post by vlad »

:lurk:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Doc has most definitely never heard that one before. :taco:

Ooooo! Burrrrrn! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
... Bob (Grateful Diver)
:rofl: Good one Bob! :rofl:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

H20doctor wrote:Why do you lurk ? Why not post and tell us about your diving?
I lurk becuase the pain of signing-in is unbearable when certain "DUDES" don't return PM's and just leave me broken hearted.

That I'm too busy playing with my really 'old' stuff that will kill me.....

I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Awesome...been deep with it yet?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**