DIVE FOR KIRBY POLLARD

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
shavedheadphil
Avid Diver

DIVE FOR KIRBY POLLARD

Post by shavedheadphil »

I'm setting up a dive on Sunday 22May2011 1300 at Sunnyside Beach Park in Steilacoom WA. I'll have a grill set up for Hotdogs and whatever else finds its way onto it. Drinks and sides will be available. Donations will be greatly appreciated and go to help out the Pollard family while Kirby is in the hospital. For viewers not following the threads.... Kirby Pollard is a Firefighter in Buckley Washington who had a dive accident at Alki cove 2. He's been diving for quite a few years and is well known throughout the dive community. He usually gets about 3 or more dives a week in and he also volunteers as a diver at Point Defiance aquarium. He is currently in the critical care unit at Virginia Mason hospital in Seattle. I'm hoping to raise money to give to his wife Kelle to help out. I understand that times are tough for most people right now but if you show up just for support it will be appreciated. For divers who cannot make it but would like to donate, we are in the process of setting up an account at a local bank to send donations. More to follow on that.... feel free to PM me questions! Thanks!
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence.
There I recognise no masters! There I am free.
-Jules Verne. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: DIVE FOR KIRBY POLLARD

Post by Waynne Fowler »

This is a GREAT idea Phil. With Kirby being the bread winner of the home it's probably going to get really really tough for the Pollard Family in the coming months. His treatments have not been cheap and who knows what's going to happen in the long haul. We'd truly LOVE to make the event but Winter & I are both working that day/time.... We have some $$ put aside (it ain't much but we hope it'll help). Good on you Phil for taking the time to do what you have. Kirby's got a good friend... many good friends....
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I won't be able to make this as I am working but please let me know where to donate.
Thanks for setting this up and all you're doing.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
shavedheadphil
Avid Diver

Post by shavedheadphil »

http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activ ... e27&ref=nf

Not sure if the link works... If not search Phillip Watson on Facebook and check out my wall posts. There is a Link for donations there. I'm still updating the other thread.
FarmerMike
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FarmerMike »

I plan to be there. Great cause and I am looking forward to meeting up with others.

Michael
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Link works
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

No chance of me getting off from work for the dive Sunday:( I'll pass on the word though. I'm really hoping to visit Kirby next week! Miss that guy :slap:
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
shavedheadphil
Avid Diver

Post by shavedheadphil »

Theres always a chance of getting off work!
shavedheadphil
Avid Diver

Post by shavedheadphil »

Hope to see ALOT of divers and well wishers today at Sunnyside Beach! Even if you're not planning on diving please come by!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Sorry I could not make this with the weekend's Canada trip :(

how did the dive go? was there a decent turn out?
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
shavedheadphil
Avid Diver

Post by shavedheadphil »

Had a great time on Sunday. I counted at least 50 people that showed up for the hotdog burn and about 8 of us got into the water. The dive went well... just "Sunnyside". We raised 435$ in cash and took it straight up to Kelle. Kirby is doing very well and recovering. Hes been moved out of the CCU and into a regular room. All "tubes" have been removed and he's getting around with the aid of a walker. Thanks to everyone for the support!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

shavedheadphil wrote:
http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activ ... e27&ref=nf

Not sure if the link works... If not search Phillip Watson on Facebook and check out my wall posts. There is a Link for donations there. I'm still updating the other thread.

This is awesome to see a community pull together for Kirby like this !! :partydance:

The goal for the "Kirby-Fund" has been exceeded in only a few days!

I think we should keep going and show exactly how far beyond expectation our dive community cares about one of our own!! :taco:

GO KIRB's !!!

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Post by ashitaka666 »

I'll be there to support and dive once I refill my tanks from my morning dive. I should be able to be there on time.
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery