MMM 3/5/12

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

MMM 3/5/12

Post by Nwbrewer »

Paulicrap and I were the only ones to show up last Monday to enjoy an hour long, 0 current dive. We found a little juvenile wolfeel out in the brickyard that I want to get back and visit with a working camera.

Anybody else in for this Monday? I'll bring a loaner canlight as added incentive.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: MMM 3/5/12

Post by coulterboy »

Nwbrewer wrote:Paulicrap
Holy Crap! :boxer:
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

MMM 3/5/12

Post by Jeremy »

Where is the brickyard?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeremy wrote:Where is the brickyard?
Between the NOAA pier and the old refueling pier, Roughly 40-70 feet of water. I'm not sure if something fell into the water there, or if the Airforce just used to throw stuff they didn't need anymore into the sound, but there are large chunks of metal, concrete and bricks scattered across the bottom. It's a great place to go to look for little stuff, baby wolfeels, red octos, nudibranchs, little sculpins etc.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I think I am able to start making dives again, so I think I can make this one. Not sure about dive #1 but dive 2 for sure. Anyone else in for dive 2?

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm a maybe. We'll see how my work schedule pans out.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Nwbrewer wrote: It's a great place to go to look for little stuff, baby wolfeels, red octos, nudibranchs, little sculpins etc.
Ok we need to work on bringing that closer to me.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

eliseaboo wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote: It's a great place to go to look for little stuff, baby wolfeels, red octos, nudibranchs, little sculpins etc.
Ok we need to work on bringing that closer to me.
You know how to find us Elise!

eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Dude, by the time I leave work at 5, drive over, take the ferry, and find you guys...you're all drunk anyway. Hell, might as well just Skype me in at that point, the effect would be the same...

BUT...at least I know where you'll be :P And I might actually track you all down in a few weeks...it's been too long since I spent way too much money on one dive...
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Jeremy wrote:Where is the brickyard?
A local old timer told me the bricks were part of a sawmill kiln that was on a pier located there. It makes sense since the bricks are primarily fire brick and the stumps of the old pilings are located there. I have found firebrick near the old fuel pier that I associate with the brick that lined to boilers of steam ships. The local historical society says that a few Navy ships were moored there for awhile after WWII. I remember replacing boiler firebricks on my ships and the repair personel conducting "flotation tests" on the worn brick.
-Curt :rawlings:
p.s. I haven't asked my wife yet, but I hope I can make the first dive.
Happy to be alive.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

So Pauli is out for dive 1. Is anybody else in for dive 1 so I don't wast my time going down there?

Jake

Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I think I can make dive 1. Not 100% sure atm, but I will post again at noon today with a definitive answer.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Okay, so I think I am just going to head up for dive #2. I assume people are still going to that? If it ends up being cancelled, someone text me. Number is 541-408-7197
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

I will have to pass on tonight. Have a good dive.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.