Big Thanks to Josh at Steve's Scuba!!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Big Thanks to Josh at Steve's Scuba!!

Post by Octoloco »

Drove all the way down to Redondo to do a couple of dives with the six gill -
Got geared up in the afternoon heat, finally getting into the water to cool off, only to discover my second stage had a steady bubbling. There was no way to stop the flow without getting out of the water into the heat again to take the reg apart.

Josh from Steve's Scuba in Oregon was with a class on a surface interval and saw my dilemma. We'd never met Josh before yet he was incredibly friendly and offered me his own setup, never knowing if he'd ever see us again. While I sat back on the steps he removed by faulty reg and put on his new Atomic and off we went to see the six gill......

Ok, so we didn't see any six gills but we find find a handful of octopus and a stubby squid along with the regulars.

We did find this tiny nudibranch; looking through the Marine Life book, we're guessing it's a bush-backed nudibranch? Maybe one of our local experts can verify?
38.jpg
Again - a huge thanks to Josh for making my dive!!!
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Big Thanks to Josh at Steve's Scuba!!

Post by Dusty2 »

It's Dendronotus venustus, AKA D. frondosus until the science guys changed it on us.