New Broco cutter

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

New Broco cutter

Post by Diver_Dave »

Going to try out my new torch this week a barge sank and rolled over upside down and they need a diver to go down and cut the 4 boom chains holding the barge to the piles... 10,000 degrees :nutty:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
sitkadiver
Submariner

Re: New Broco cutter

Post by sitkadiver »

I'll give you a dollar if you use your tongue instead of the strike plate. It's only 12 volts.... :smt064

BTW, why did you post this in the "Recreational" Education section? :penelope:
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Alaska-Herb
Aquaphile

Post by Alaska-Herb »

because Dave and I sat down and did the unthinkable last night . We read the instructions
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Alaska-Herb wrote:because Dave and I sat down and did the unthinkable last night . We read the instructions
Oh man where is the fun in that?

[sarcasm]Just set the welder to AC and make sure you are between the work and the ground[/sarcasm] :eek:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

selkie wrote:
[sarcasm]Just set the welder to AC and make sure you are between the work and the ground[/sarcasm] :eek:

Yeah, do that. huh uhhh huuu uh that would be cool.... (in my Beavis and Butthead voice)....
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Alaska-Herb
Aquaphile

Post by Alaska-Herb »

actually it only takes a 12 volt battery to start the flame and then no power is required. It is a pretty cool toy and one that Dave plans on using to make the Prop from the Rush arrive into his front yard. So Dave N you better talk to Dave S about borrowing it before he gets the wheel that you have wanted for a long time.
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

What a fun under water toy....Blows through a 1'' chain in seconds was so kool...Blows through a galvanized steel piling when u arc it off was unreal.... :supz: :burntchef:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I wish we had a Tim "The Toolman" Taylor man grunt smiley. Underwater torches are way cool. Hopefully Dave can make a few bucks with it too.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Alaska-Herb wrote:actually it only takes a 12 volt battery to start the flame and then no power is required. It is a pretty cool toy and one that Dave plans on using to make the Prop from the Rush arrive into his front yard. So Dave N you better talk to Dave S about borrowing it before he gets the wheel that you have wanted for a long time.

Next thing you know, he'll be taken MY portholes.....
-Charles Lindbergh
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Jim there my portholes.....
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska