Sunday 6/2? Seattle to northend?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sarinae
Aquaphile

Sunday 6/2? Seattle to northend?

Post by sarinae »

Just looked and I only have a few things going on for Sunday, wondering if anyone might be interested in diving somewhere in the Seattle to Stanwood area. I'd like to avoid that snarl north. Too bad we can't dive and look at that bridge mess though! Tides seem somewhat favorable, depending on the location.

I just got a new harness system that I am eager to try out, so I may have to fiddle with weighting a bit. I'll try to guesstimate on the heavy end so I don't hold anyone up though.
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Re: Sunday 6/2? Seattle to northend?

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

I haven't dived Edmonds since the late 70's/early 80s and was thinking about seeing what's there now. I also need to experiment a bit with new prescription lenses in my mask and a new (to me) wing.

I'm flexible as to time, tides look pretty benign. PM me or email at sspiffydiver @ gmail.com. If you don't want to do Edmonds, I can do other places too.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Edmonds is good for me, I have a few things I'm working on too--new wing and harness. Time is flexible for me that day, let's see if anyone has a preference. I think you'll find lots more out in Edmonds now, many creatures have moved in to the safety afforded by the treasures sunk out there by Bruce and his team. Let's hope for good vis!
franroque
Frequent Bubbler

Post by franroque »

Hi,

I'd like to join. I have a prior commitment but could make a 5pm splash at Edmonds if that works for you all.
Francis
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Just got a message from the Scoutmaster that we are obligated to help with a BSA booth at the Edmonds Waterfront Carnival this weekend 3-8pm. I don't have a set shift yet, but it looks like my son and I will have to work some time in the evening/afternoon at that.

Also, that means that parking will be a mess and it could be interesting getting to EUWP this weekend. I have never been to the festival, but if it is near the waterfront I would guess that parking in that area is congested. Too bad there is no requirement for diver priority at this lot!
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

Yeah, that means that parking will be non-existant. I am free to go somewhere else that morning so you can make your BSA commitment; any suggestions?
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

I travel a ton for work, but there is a chance I will be back in Seattle this weekend and I haven't been in the water since March, I would love to get wet. I could be talked onto some diving. I live about 10 min from EUP, but prefer deeper dive sites, like salt water state park.

If I am in town I am down.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Hey guys,

So, the Edmonds Waterfront festival is at the Marina this weekend. I am not sure how that will impact parking, but the festival runs 11-7 on Sunday. So, if you want to do EUWP I would suggest an earlier start than that to make sure we secure some parking. 9am ish?

However, if you want to avoid the area all together, that is cool too. I haven't been to Saltwater park, it appears that it is a current sensitive site. The exchanges this weekend are not insignificant, slack for there is scheduled around 8 am and 2pm with 2.7 knot current at 10:42am. Unless we are prepared to do two tanks pretty much back to back, chances are we could probably just get one tank in for this site. http://www.planyourdive.com/tides/?site ... =5/31/2013

Thoughts?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I have dove saltwater on very large exchanges and never experienced any current. In fact, I don't even bother checking the currents while diving there.

I do prefer avoiding low tide though. Otherwise you're walking a long way and killing mussels and other stuff.

Great dive site!!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

The marina is well south of EUP. There could still be some impact on parking, but just due to more folks being in the general area.

Tide exchanges are pretty low this weekend.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

At SW, watch the wind kicking up rollers from the south. With the shallow water, you can get spanked hard. Last time I was there, I had to tack against swells, and pull myself along the bottom to get back to shore. Took me 30m just to get back to shore.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

I vote for EUWP at 0900, mainly because I live in Everett. :-)
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

Euwp at 9 am shouldn't be too bad. Parking should still be available at that time Sunday morning.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

OK, I am good with EUWP at 9am, or earlier if that is the consensus!

I drive a silvery Toyota Sienna minivan, cell 206 427 6998
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

Dark Green Chevy Impala (the big one)

Long gray hair and beard

425-367-2930

See you there
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

Euwp at 9 am shouldn't be too bad. Parking should still be available at that time Sunday morning.
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

Dark Silver f150 with dive flag sticker.
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

Splash at 9? That's my vote