Liquivision Batteries

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Liquivision Batteries

Post by BillZ »

Does anybody know of a local source for Liquivision disposable batteries, specifically the ER3375M's? I went to the Liquivision website to order a set and the batteries were $30 plus $75 shipping :angry:

Also - is there a commercially produced version of the Liquivision battery? I hate the idea of having to purchase a unit specific battery for computer.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: Liquivision Batteries

Post by Waynne Fowler »

BillZ wrote:Does anybody know of a local source for Liquivision disposable batteries, specifically the ER3375M's? I went to the Liquivision website to order a set and the batteries were $30 plus $75 shipping :angry:
if you are ordering from Liquivision (or so it seems) if you leave the delivery/shipping info on the default settings it wants to charge $75 but if you choose 'USA 2 Day' you'll pay $30 in shipping (or so it appears)

At Dive Gear Express you seem to get the battery and FREE shipping. However Liquivision makes this statement on their website "Liquivision ONLY guarantees performance of batteries purchased from Liquivision or our authorized dealers. Other batteries with similar labelling may provide less dive time or not work at all. Their dive time remaining may not be correctly interpreted by your unit, and this may lead to inaccurate battery indicator readings. Also, some may have a protection circuit that causes them to shut off abruptly underwater. Liquivision is not responsible for any damage to your unit or injury to yourself caused by use of other batteries" and I'm not sure how that applies to Dive Gear Express????
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Waynne Fowler wrote:
BillZ wrote:Does anybody know of a local source for Liquivision disposable batteries, specifically the ER3375M's? I went to the Liquivision website to order a set and the batteries were $30 plus $75 shipping :angry:
if you are ordering from Liquivision (or so it seems) if you leave the delivery/shipping info on the default settings it wants to charge $75 but if you choose 'USA 2 Day' you'll pay $30 in shipping (or so it appears)

At Dive Gear Express you seem to get the battery and FREE shipping. However Liquivision makes this statement on their website "Liquivision ONLY guarantees performance of batteries purchased from Liquivision or our authorized dealers. Other batteries with similar labelling may provide less dive time or not work at all. Their dive time remaining may not be correctly interpreted by your unit, and this may lead to inaccurate battery indicator readings. Also, some may have a protection circuit that causes them to shut off abruptly underwater. Liquivision is not responsible for any damage to your unit or injury to yourself caused by use of other batteries" and I'm not sure how that applies to Dive Gear Express????

Thanks Wayne!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I've found another source for rechargeable batteries for the Liquivision computers. These are 3.7 Volt unprotected 16340 IMR (lithium Manganese) cells made by AW. These are available from a couple online outlets for $5.50 to $6.50 a piece. I've got one in my Xen and will put another in my Kaon when the current disposable cell runs out. These are just as safe and will last longer than the new rechargeables sold by Liquivision.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

+1 For recharchables.

I have a charger and six batteres for my 2 x Xens, one koan and one Xeo.

at $6 a pop for non chargables, vs. amount of time I actually use the kaon and xeo, the recharge kit and batteries is the way to go for sure.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

GearHead wrote:I've found another source for rechargeable batteries for the Liquivision computers. These are 3.7 Volt unprotected 16340 IMR (lithium Manganese) cells made by AW. These are available from a couple online outlets for $5.50 to $6.50 a piece. I've got one in my Xen and will put another in my Kaon when the current disposable cell runs out. These are just as safe and will last longer than the new rechargeables sold by Liquivision.
Thanks for the heads up!

I ended up buying the Liquivision rechargables from Dive gear express but it's good to know that there is an alternate battery source out there in case something happens with Liquivision.