Submarine and kayak in one !

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Submarine and kayak in one !

Post by Jan K »

http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Submarine and kayak in one !

Post by renoun »

Interesting. It must have very limited endurance and the potential for CO2 buildup with the constant flow breathing system.

phpBB [video]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Bailing out doesn't look as easy either...I am sure the video is spliced to make it look like it is a afternoon in the park cruise :)
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

The constant flow looked pretty massive- at that rate, I think I'd be worried about running out of breathing gas more that C02! Pretty cool idea, though- how did that propulsion system work? some crazy fin on an invisible rod or something?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Joshua Smith wrote:The constant flow looked pretty massive- at that rate, I think I'd be worried about running out of breathing gas more that C02! Pretty cool idea, though- how did that propulsion system work? some crazy fin on an invisible rod or something?
My guess is that it's adapted from Hobie.'s Mirage Drive, which waves a pair of flippers underneath a kayak hull... Supposedly very effective, but I haven't tried one out myself... Spousal unit caught a look at the video over my shoulder, all she said was "No!" :-(

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

RoxnDox wrote:
Spousal unit caught a look at the video over my shoulder, all she said was "No!" :-(

Jim
A wise woman I think! :smt064

Doesn't have any draw for me. Looks pretty rut goldberg to me not to mention claustrophobic. You could however mount a cuda in the rear and it would be super cool! :supz: