Ed's Fault Revisited

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Ed's Fault Revisited

Post by KeithBoll »

Don and I took another trip back to Ed's Fault today. The wind was but a gentle breeze and the sun was out the whole time. What a beautiful Northwest day! Viz was about 25 to 30 feet. I am still amazed at the vast nudi population on this dive. I am attaching a couple pics that are different from the last trip. Also PS King crab - several small juveniles were lurking about the rocks. Saw one GPO - the two larger ones we found two weeks ago have either moved or were out hunting. And - several juvi wolf eels. All in all - an amazing amount of life to gaze at!
Attachments
IMG_2740-2.jpg
IMG_3054-2.jpg
IMG_3092.jpg
IMG_3053.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3100.jpg
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Ed's Fault Revisited

Post by Dusty2 »

I'm jellious :tomnic:

Nice shots, Eds fault is an awesome spot when the conditions are right!
Don-B
Dive-aholic

Post by Don-B »

Thanks Keith for going with me today.
Here is a few shots I got.
PICT0140.JPG
PICT0130.JPG
PICT0174.JPG
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great pics!

Looks like an amazing site...

Another one to add to my wish list!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:Great pics! Looks like an amazing site...Another one to add to my wish list!
You would love it Tom. Unfortunately it's a boat dive and a bit off the beaten path. It is a nice long natural wall with lots of boulders and large rocks along the top in only about 20 feet of water providing lots of places for life to hide. It drops from 20' to 100' or more in a shear rock wall. It can easily require 2 or more dives to see it all. Because it's in a bay that comes off of the straits there is some life there that you won't see in the sound. It's not current sensitive but can be wind sensitive.
Don-B
Dive-aholic

Post by Don-B »

Tom Nic wrote:Great pics!

Hey Tom, if you would like to dive it I would be glad to take you.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Don-B wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:Great pics!

Hey Tom, if you would like to dive it I would be glad to take you.
Don - that is a most kind offer sir! Let's make it happen - I need to get back in the water after Bonaire. Shoot me a pm for when you're free and let's make the schedules mesh.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Sounds like a great dive. Thanks for sharing.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh