Hello Everybody

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Hello Everybody

Post by dwashbur »

I'm glad I discovered this forum. I'm mourning the demise of the Northwest Diver board, but I see a lot of the same names here, so that's very cool. I'm Dave, and I get around a bit. At this very moment I'm in Monterey for a few days. My wife, youngest daughter and I all dive together, which is a lot of fun. We are actually from Boise, where we'll dive any lake, pond or puddle, but for the past several months we've been living here and there around Puget Sound. My wife is a travel nurse, which means she takes short-term contracts to work at various hospitals. Basically, although she is by far the best nurse in the entire world, the nursing is a vehicle to support our diving habit. Right now we're in Bremerton, but will be going back to Boise early in March.

I'm in the process of getting my scuba teaching certification. I've taught various subjects over the years, from the Bible to computers to fourth grade, so teaching is natural for me. I should be done by the time we head home, and after that, who knows?

Our daughter is 17 and a certified genius. She finished 9th grade at Middle School in Boise, then skipped the next 3 grades and got her GED, starting college at 15. She's been studying theater with a goal of acting, but since we've been diving and she's discovered how good she is at identifying and analyzing these critters, she's thinking seriously about marine biology with acting as a second major. I say, go for it! Getting to dive with my family is one of life's truly great joys.

I will bombard folks with reports about conditions, critter pictures and questions, you name it, because we love everything associated with this sport, including the people. Divers are some of the coolest people we've ever encountered, and we're always excited to hook up with new friends.

So there it is. I'm looking forward to continuing to interact with old friends and getting to know new ones.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Welcome to the club! :partyman:
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Welcome Dave!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Welcome to the site! We've had quite a few new sign ups over the last month or so- I think you'll see some familiar "faces" here.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hi Dave. Glad you found us
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome! Glad you found us! This is the best diving site on the web, hands down. Everone is welcome to share their opinion, just dont piss off the Nailer!!
Diver_C wrote:
Calvin wrote:
Or is he really Mr. Evil???
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome! It's good to see yet another critter-fanatic come on board!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Dave and family!
I too have a 17 year old daughter, that I sometimes dive with.
She has not yet developed a cold water fascination yet and is not even wanting to try a dry suit. She longs for a warm water dive and one day I hope to make that happen for her.
Any time your up around the Seattle / Tacoma area, be sure to let us know where and when we can dive with you!
I for one, would like to here some of your California trip reports and what it's like to have to crash through surf just to do a shore dive.

Later, Keith. a.k.a. {:smt035 - man}
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: