Shrimp Season

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Scuba Scott
Aquaphile

Shrimp Season

Post by Scuba Scott »

Opening day of boating and Shrimp Season ended well after a day of challenges. Brian and I launched the boat at Deception Pass and started our adventure out to Iceberg Point. Less than 1/4 mile from the ramp there was steam rising from the engine cover of my Glasply I/O boat. I discovered that the cooling system had blown the end right off the heat exchanger. Back to the dock on a kicker motor and put the boat back on the trailer. Said hi to Pensacolaracer as he was launching his boat to go diving.
I pulled the heat exchanger off and made many calls to find someone who could re-attach the end of the cooling unit. After several attempts with no luck at marine shops I stopped at a Harley shop in La Conner and he was able to silver solder the end back on. Three hours later we meet up with the women and are dropping the shrimp pots over the side near Iceberg Point in 250 - 350 feet of water. We limit out with 320 shrimp on board and get back to our vacation home at Biz Point before the rain comes. The pictures say the rest. Garlic shrimp and Baby Back Ribs with good beer and wine.
Attachments
IMG_2569.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2562.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG
Life can be short and dives even shorter. Time off work will put it all in perspective.

http://www.waterproofdecks.blogspot.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Shrimp Season

Post by Dusty2 »

WOW Your making me drool all over my keyboard! Glad you were able to get repaired and back in the water in time.